No east coast colonials and LC's lately, eh

Tom_in_CA

Elite Member
We're not seeing the usual barrage of colonial coppers, LC's, busts, reales, etc.... from the east coast hunters lately. They will probably try to attribute this lack of show & tell to the supposed snow and freezes there. Eh ?

But ... since it's all paintshop photo-shop program trickery, I don't know what the weather has to do with the lack of posts. All you guys have to do is continue to buy them at the coin store as usual. And simply use your indoor planter box dirt to stage those supposed "in-situ" pix. :detector:

We're not seeing the usual barrage of colonial coppers, LC's, busts, reales, etc.... from the east coast hunters lately. They will probably try to attribute this lack of show & tell to the supposed snow and freezes there. Eh ?

But ... since it's all paintshop photo-shop program trickery, I don't know what the weather has to do with the lack of posts. All you guys have to do is continue to buy them at the coin store as usual. And simply use your indoor planter box dirt to stage those supposed "in-situ" pix. :detector:

I just got permission last week for 2 historic properties... unfortunately its 17 degree's out plus we had snow over the weekend my guess the ground is somewhat frozen and I am not hunting in 17 degree weather with winds blowing 30 to 40 mph.. I may have to work in it but I won't play in it :D

Its nice that you are sharing your tricks Tom... I would have never of thought of those :yes:

What are you, crazy? They dont buy those coins! They simply ship the same coins around to each other! Like a little book club dealie...Or 'Jam of the month' consortium... Sorta like what you Cali guys do with 'gold' coins, except for no chocolate innards...

This weeks pkg is hung up in the holiday rush mail!...Hope somebody has a tracking number so we can see some amazing 'finds'!:laughing:

Us Claddies have been doing something similar to this for years! We just snatch all the pennies out of the take a penny tray when the girl aint looking, then do a post! I mean, hey, its the results that matter! You gonna talk or you gonna fish?:laughing:

Last edited:
This could get interesting.[emoji1]

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Tom, I would love to show you the recent LC's that have been found but I let my kids use them in there play cash registers :laughing: nothing teaches the little ones the value of money like a nice large draped bust copper! :lol: no but your right, snow has fallen, as well as temperatures. You MAY be able to hunt in the woods right now if the snow doesn't get in the way but this season has just about ended. So to feed my cabin fever, ive been using my large cents as coasters for my shot glasses! :p that way after I throw back the shot I can say I found another large cent :lol: good luck out there Tom!
PS! Bottlecapking: if you need a couple more coppers to even out that wobbly table give me a shout! :laughing: ive got hundreds! :D

What are you, crazy? They dont buy those coins! They simply ship the same coins around to each other! ...

And if you ever notice, in the videos: They all have squinty eyes. :blush2: This is the first clue to their guilt & suspicion. Hmmmm

And yes, NO WONDER all those LC's and colonial coppers seemed to look the same. You're right: They mail them back and forth, round and round to each other. Then plant the same 15 or 20 coins, over and over. In various staged ground settings . Even cleverly going to far as to make the ground appear to have a coin imprint. :blush:

And if you ever notice, in the videos: They all have squinty eyes. :blush2: This is the first clue to their guilt & suspicion. Hmmmm

And yes, NO WONDER all those LC's and colonial coppers seemed to look the same. You're right: They mail them back and forth, round and round to each other. Then plant the same 15 or 20 coins, over and over. In various staged ground settings . Even cleverly going to far as to make the ground appear to have a coin imprint. :blush:

This concept is promoted by Minelab, along with both of the warrantee cards, (which you will be needing) you get a membership application to join the 'Coin of the Month" club! Like that Record Company deal back in the 70's when albums would just show up at your door for a penny a piece!

Tom...when the ground freezes in these parts we just go to the beach and find our Trimes and Large Cents:laughing: ...

Lies lies, more east coast lies. Yeah, sure, you just walk out to the beach (and/or any sandbox) and start digging LC's, trimes, etc....

Here's how we'll know folks: If you look closely at the coins in Capt. Silver's pix, you will no doubt see the SAME coins show up on another east coast person's hunts in a few month. Pretty clever, eh ?

As for the sand grains that seem fused to the coin, that's all photo-shop trickery. And if you ever see a picture Capt. Silver himself, the dead giveaway is you'll notice his squinty eyes. :whistle:

And as for the Minelab machine seen in the background, DO YOU THINK THAT'S A COINCIDENCE ? NNeeeooohh. He's a shill for minelab. They pay him a stipend for each time a minelab machine appears in his photo's. Ie.: advertising shill. Did you get your Minelab check this week yet Capt'n Silver ?? :?:

Poken the bear a bit ain't ya Tom ? Maybe one day, one of those fine New England gentlemen will invite you east to play in their sandbox. AND Oh ya, bring some of them gold coins you guys dig to pass out as tokens of friendship. It would be appreciated. lol HH Mark

.... AND Oh ya, bring some of them gold coins you guys dig to pass out as tokens of friendship. It would be appreciated. lol HH Mark

I was there when this one was dug a few weeks ago. Was generous and let my buddy find this one :

https://youtu.be/SFyKr3MyOUk

And sure: We'd bring that to you as a west coast souvenir to pass out. However: He's already bored a hole in it to use as a washer to fix his lawn mower. Besides: They're "new" to you east coast guys anyhow. Who BRISTLE at anything newer than 1800. So you would no doubt have thumbed your nose at it anyhow. :nono:

My season down here is just getting started, darn rain is just now slowing down, it will be until end of January until the bush dries out enough for some serious swinging...

Ive got a bunch of permissions to try. Problem is not the weather as much as it is deer and canada goose season until February 3. Those guys pay to hunt and Im just freeloading so I give them a wide berth

I watched that video

i
I was there when this one was dug a few weeks ago. Was generous and let my buddy find this one :

https://youtu.be/SFyKr3MyOUk

And sure: We'd bring that to you as a west coast souvenir to pass out. However: He's already bored a hole in it to use as a washer to fix his lawn mower. Besides: They're "new" to you east coast guys anyhow. Who BRISTLE at anything newer than 1800. So you would no doubt have thumbed your nose at it anyhow. :nono:
I am so jealous,gold coins are so far and few in between, I doubt there are many left in my area. But dreams are the only things they can't tax or take away from you. And I'm a dreamer---You will be the first to know when I dig one. Happy Hollidays to you and yours and Happy hunting when we are sitting with our feet up to the fire. Mark

You got me motivated thanks

This was right next to my flower box 📦

Attachments

• 001CE700-0F88-441C-A12E-A0ACBD1EBEBD.jpg
    001CE700-0F88-441C-A12E-A0ACBD1EBEBD.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 195
  • 6BC92507-130C-460F-BD0E-E32CFDB64E9B.jpg
    6BC92507-130C-460F-BD0E-E32CFDB64E9B.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 199
You're right Tom, it's been slow going out here. I found this weird foreign coin, but was disappointed that that it was not 1700's so I ran it through the coinstar machine with the rest of my 1800's and clad. Get this..the stupid machine gave me $1 for it and it's not even a US coin! Psyched!

Attachments

• Real2 - Copy.jpg
    Real2 - Copy.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom