Updated:Finds from Three box of halves

pan4au

Elite Member
I haven't done any CRH'g in a long time but went through a box this evening.
The first roll had a 1967 40%. I had exceptions of several silvers.I ended up with a second 1967, a 2006, a 2016 plus a 1980 panama Medio Balboa at first glance I thought it was silver but it's clad.

Attachments

• 115_1329.jpg
    115_1329.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 242
  • 115_1328.jpg
    115_1328.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
not getting the 2006 dime...is this silver? or what makes it special? I am so dumb to this but it looks interesting.

Halves, not dimes! LOL it is an NIFC.

And Pan4AU...the Balboa is copper-nickel blend, not a clad coin...KT was fooled early on by these also, but looked it up to find the composition. KT likes the deep relief on these coins! Much better than on Kens.

box 2

I went through box 2 today and got one 64d and one broken die. I started searching box 3.., had to stop.. hurting too bad.. have ruptured disc in neck.. so far I've found several NICF's and a couple of proofs. I hope to finish that box tonight.

Attachments

• box2a.jpg
    box2a.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 157
  • box2cracked.jpg
    box2cracked.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 156
Welcome back to the hobby. :grin: Nice scores, the Panama coin is really interesting. :D
Thanks, I haven't been able to do any dirt fishing so I thought I'd buy a few boxes to search to occupy my time while off from work.

Halves, not dimes! LOL it is an NIFC.

And Pan4AU...the Balboa is copper-nickel blend, not a clad coin...KT was fooled early on by these also, but looked it up to find the composition. KT likes the deep relief on these coins! Much better than on Kens.
Thanks for the info.. it just looked like clad on the edge.. I did see where one sold on Fleaby for a couple $ and another about twice that.. worth hanging onto

Box 3

No silver this box.. got plenty NIFC's and some proof
ended up with 20 2014's, 1 2004, and 1 2009 NIFC's
And 1 each 1994s, 1776s(clad) and 2005s proof's

Attachments

• box 3.jpg
    box 3.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 146
Nice finds! I always wanted to try coin roll hunting but never remember when at the bank :laughing: congrats!
I have to call them to get them to order them. Probably order some more for after Christmas

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I went through box 2 today and got one 64d and one broken die. I started searching box 3.., had to stop.. hurting too bad.. have ruptured disc in neck.. so far I've found several NICF's and a couple of proofs. I hope to finish that box tonight.

Nice finds... and good luck with the next round of boxes.

Back
Top Bottom