• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

We were insulted on ESPN

Wom 27

Elite Member
So I'm watching ESPN and they're talking about the overtime coin toss. The coin disappears in the snow and the commentator says that it would take about a $600 metal detector and your dignity to find that coin ! So we detectorists have no dignity ?.? Like to show him what else you can do with a detector and a little Valsoline !!

One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is surrendered.

Michael J. Fox

Well,he seemed to think he knew what they costed,so...does he detect?
Right now I’m sitting on 28 ounces of silver coins for my time in this thing and several hundred in clad has been cashed. Mix that all in with the rings,Crotal bells,cool weird coins and time spent with friends....AND the thrill of discovering the next thing....I would feel MOST UN-dignified if I didn’t have any of that.
I enjoy the fact that I can detect a park or wherever and not worry about what Joe Blo driving down the street is thinking...it gives me a sense of power that I just don’t care,because the next great find is just 1200khz away.:grin:

WHAT ???? you mean they didn't see the detectorist on the side waiting for a time out to go hunt for it ? :laughing::laughing::laughing: (just kidding)

footballsnowdetect.jpg

I view reporters far below the upstanding pirate. Bet I found more nice stuff with my metal detector this year than he did running his big mouth. Dignity??? Didn't know that Pirates worried about dignity.

Let em' keep laughing. I hope they laugh so hard their fat fingers shrivel up and the gold slides right off. Let them scout around on their hands and knees for a while for what it takes one of us 5 minutes to find. The one that's laughing, is the detectorist coming behind you finding your goodies!

So I'm watching ESPN and they're talking about the overtime coin toss. The coin disappears in the snow and the commentator says that it would take about a $600 metal detector and your dignity to find that coin ! So we detectorists have no dignity ?.? Like to show him what else you can do with a detector and a little Valsoline !!

Seriously... The older I get, the more I realize that what other people "think" about me is irrelevant to my own happiness. If that's loss of dignity, I ain't worried about it.

The best part of watching old people is how little they care about what young people think. If you really stop and consider what that means in the grand scheme of life (what did you learn in those 80 years of life), they're onto something... :)

Don't know exactly who said it, (nor could I find a definitive answer) but I like the following: "Only a fool takes offense where none is intended... a bigger fool takes offense when it IS."
:laughing:

Skippy

.... gave up on my dignity years ago.

x2. I busted up laughing when I read this. Ok ... so this is a geeky hobby. Next question please ?

When my wife and I bought our first home (blt. 1963 or so), a week or so later, as we're moving in, I said "I'm going to detect our yard". She said "what if someone sees you?" As if that's a social pariah thing to do :?: ?? haha !

It's fine. ESPN gave up their dignity years ago when they started turning their channel into a tabloid and political mouthpiece. At least we're the ones making money.

I gotta go with this ^

LOL...I also saw where Bills/Colts tickets were going for $4......so it would seem making money isn't one of their better qualities......dance monkeys, dance :laughing:

I used to be a sports fan until they raised my cable bill one last time. 50 bucks or more for tv is just ridiculous. The NBA,NHL, NFL and Nascar have gotten to where if you don't pay you can't watch. It makes it hard to be a sports fan. I'd rather go detecting.

Back
Top Bottom