Re Updated, 100 FTY, With Morgan, Update Deer

jack&jill

Elite Member
I told a couple of friends I'd be posting some success I had last week. That got delayed by a 10 point buck that committed suicide upon my car. With long hours still on the job and now becoming a butcher time has been eluding me. Anyway I grabbed some short hunts on 2 different sites that I have been blessed getting permissions on. The sites are a 1869 Country Church and 3 lots with 2 homes on them built in the 1850's. None of the five morning hunts were over an hour but the grounds I hunted were fertile with some nice success. Was at 97 FTY year on the first outing at the church dug a very nice Barber Dime and about 10 minutes later I hit 100 with two GW's under the same plug. Next morning went to the homes and started with a worn Barber Dime a put a pair of Mercs to the count. Following day running errands I stopped back at the Church had very little time and figured just two passes would be all I could get in. Again started off with another Barber Dime. Then really hit a sweet sound and checked my numbers and depth At 6 inches and numbers repeating 1-48 and 12-48 on the CTX. I new this was going to be a really good one. Made the horse shoe plug and turned it over, dead center on the bottom of the hole the Morgan faced me. Its in fantastic shape, a 1879S and a dream coin for me to again have. Did get back to the homes site the next day and dug a Rosie but have not had the time to even put it in front of the camera lens. Included in the pics though is a Merc which was # 96 FTY. Happy hunting all. Trapper

Attachments

• 11-18-17 .jpg
    11-18-17 .jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,082
  • 11-23-17 .jpg
    11-23-17 .jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,055
  • 11-23-17 1.jpg
    11-23-17 1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,053
  • 11-23-17 2.jpg
    11-23-17 2.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,083
  • 11-24-17 .jpg
    11-24-17 .jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,051
  • 11-24-17 1.jpg
    11-24-17 1.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 1,018
  • 11-24-17 2.jpg
    11-24-17 2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,024
  • 11-25-17 .jpg
    11-25-17 .jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,020
  • 11-25-17 1.jpg
    11-25-17 1.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,018
  • 11-25-17 2.jpg
    11-25-17 2.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 1,037
Last edited:
That Morgan is beautiful. Color me jealous...

I must commend you on your pictures. almost all coin, little background, and in focus!

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW! I couldn't be happier for you buddy! A Morgan is a dream coin for most of us and so glad you see you find one. Congrats and hope to see more goodies from that spot.

Arggghhhh!! I guess you weren’t kidding when you said it was pretty mint,it’s pretty AND mint!:grin: Nobody but nobody deserves a few minutes of “me time” on the couch like you do Trapper. That’ll be tough to beat.

Fantastic saves! Amazing selection of silver, but an 1879-S Morgan?!!! Wow, just wow! Congrats on the condition too.
Thank you Miner. Big Silver is a real thrill, this one has me still smiling.
Thats awesome! Congrats on reaching 100 FTY and the beautiful Morgan!
Appreciate the reply Ratttle, Hitting the century mark goal is very fulfilling, the Morgan is one heck of a desert.
WOW, very nice finds. AND A MORGAN, You Da Man. Congratulations.
Not sure I'm the man Jerr but I'm very pleased to be putting my coil over this one.
That Morgan is beautiful. Color me jealous...

I must commend you on your pictures. almost all coin, little background, and in focus!
Thanks King not only for the coin comments but for the pic's statement. The Wife got me a new camera and I'm still learning it.
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW! I couldn't be happier for you buddy! A Morgan is a dream coin for most of us and so glad you see you find one. Congrats and hope to see more goodies from that spot.
Jason this one made the year for me. Been a struggle just to get out and getting to the century mark was what I felt a very long trip. In hind site I really have had a pretty great year for the time spent. Now this Morgan, it really is nice icing. Hoping to add a few more to the count before weather shuts the door but if not it s been a great ride. Trapper

Clearly, I’m not living right. Congrats on the Morgan and other nice finds!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congradulations Trap !
Anyone who has seen you hunt knows you can find 100 silvers in your sleep.

But more importantly ... Anyone who has met you even a few times knows that you seem to be cursed with the responsibility of saving these coins..
Truely Magical.
Hard work , Luck , Persistance ... bla bla bla. ... bull crapola ..
your not looking for them ... the things are just waiting for you to show up.
Congrats on the dream Morgan and the 10 pointer

Great post!
Dew

Fantastic hunting Jack! Congrats on hitting the century mark! Some really nice coins while doing so, as well. Been a fun ride, glad I got to tag along. Happy hunting and happy holidays!

Cool old silver I would be stoked but as cool As they are I want rare coins😀

Wow what a incredible week congrats, sir that's freaking awesome! 100 count and a a Morgan, that's awesome.

Those coins are Beautiful! What I would give to see them come out like that here! Great saves!

Hit the wrong forum but had to stop and look before I left.

Nice silvers! It looks like you have some great permissions!

Back
Top Bottom