Only silver keepers this week!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
KT got back to the Castle with the Royal Boxes, and they were pretty nice to the old King ! :lol::lol::lol:

KT cut the first box, and in the first 10 rolls He recovered a Walker and a 64!:shock::D:D:D

Here are the results of all the boxes:

Box 1 - 1 Walker with a nice patina (Queen would not let KT clean it!), 1 64 Ken, 1 NIFC

Box 2 - 6 NIFCs

Box 3 - 6 NIFCs

Box 4 - 1 64 Ken, 1 40% Ken

Box 5 - 2 40% Kens, 1 90% AG Bicentennial, 8 NIFCs

Totals - 1 1935D Walker, 2 64 Kens, 1 90% Ag Bicentennial, 3 40% Ag Kens.
KT did not need any of the NIFCs this week so kept none.

The silver Bicentennial was the 3rd from the last coin examined in this CRH...It was exciting to see that silver edge and see what the coin actually was!

Enjoy the pics and best of the Seasons to All !!

Attachments

• CRH 11 31 2017 obverse 35 D Walker.JPG
    CRH 11 31 2017 obverse 35 D Walker.JPG
    184.4 KB · Views: 184
  • CRH 11 31 2017 reverse 35 D Walker.jpg
    CRH 11 31 2017 reverse 35 D Walker.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 157
  • CRH 11 31 2017 3 90%er Kens.jpg
    CRH 11 31 2017 3 90%er Kens.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 181
  • CRH 11 31 2017 3 40% er Kens.jpg
    CRH 11 31 2017 3 40% er Kens.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 181
Royal Thanks to everyone for their kind comments! It is really nice to get so many 90%ers, considering there was a month or two of a drought of them earlier this year.

KT heard of a sad situation for one of His Majesty's friends, and former co-worker, back eons ago when KT had to work for a living. This lady had possession of a large number of silver dollars, many silver halves, and also silver quarters, that she had mostly inherited from her parents. Her brother owned half interest in them, but she kept them together as a collection.

KT was in need at the time of some 50 silver dollars and made her a generous offer for that many, but the brother did not want to sell, so she declined the offer. Recently she was in the throws of a new engagement and then a move to Houston Texas to be with her fiancé. She did not have these coins locked up in the bank, and also did not think to take them with her when she made the first of several trips to move her furnishings, clothes and other personal possessions. As you can guess, someone broke into her apartment and took all of her silver coins, a sterling dinner set, and other valuables. Of course she was devastated and immediately reported the losses to the local police. The Police in their normal course of work, checked the pawn shops and discovered some of her silver dollars had been dumped by a known burglary suspect. She had to pay nearly $1000 to get her coins back from the pawn shop...and came to KT requesting info on someone local who could give a numistmatic evaluation of the recovered coins, since if they appraised at over $1000 it would be a much more serious crime and the fellow could get some jail time.

KT had a recommendation for her for a person who could give a written appraisal.

Later KT began thinking about the situation...this sorry rascal probably went to a local bank and dumped all the quarters and halves, but knew enough to know he could not do that with the silver dollars, thus the pawn angle to his game. If this assumption is correct, Kt thinks there may be a few local boxes coming out in the next month or two, that will be loaded with silver halves and silver quarters....KT will have no chance at those quarters, but those halves are in His Royal Sights!! These coins would not have been dumped at the local grocery store machines as they reject silver.

Interesting situation and KT is certainly going to keep His Royal Eyes open...If KT makes some large hits, especially with a large percentage of Franklins and Walkers in the next couple of months, He will have to decide whether to pay her a percentage of salvage for some of them or not. No way to prove they are hers, she had no inventory of what all she had.

A strong lesson to be learned from this situation. Keep your goodies under lock and key, keep an accurate inventory and if the coins are slabbed or graded, keep a value on those separate from your silver cache coins.

Best of luck to all in the Forum and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Castle high on the Royal Hill....:lol::lol::lol:

KT, it is with much sadness that I must inform you that your bicentennial silver half is not 90%, but only 40% silver. However, I consider it a rare find so congrats on it and all the rest!

Sad story about the burglary, hope police nab the suspect. Very good advice about storing coins and keeping inventory.

KT, it is with much sadness that I must inform you that your bicentennial silver half is not 90%, but only 40% silver. However, I consider it a rare find so congrats on it and all the rest!

Sad story about the burglary, hope police nab the suspect. Very good advice about storing coins and keeping inventory.

No problem, amc rulz.....KT never looked it up in the Red Book or online. Still good to have a "rarer" Kennedy! :D:D

Excellent haul and write up about the roguish renegade rapscallion ransackery of your acquaintances coin hoard...Such is the ignoble fate of many unfortunately...pawned and pist away on peppermint sticks and penny whistles by some ignorant rum sodden sorry lout!

I had no idea BicenKens are 40%ers? I got a few around here I think...off of soccer fields flip coins...

I had no idea BicenKens are 40%ers? I got a few around here I think...off of soccer fields flip coins...

Only those that came in Silver Proof Sets and in Silver sets that year. Any recovered from circulation had to be ripped from their original Proof or set wrappers. That is one reason they are scarce and the other reason is that collectors are not so stupid as to do that and spend them...but those witless money-grubbing relatives who inherit them seem to be! :laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom