• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Yard sale find ????

tomm6

Utensil or Tool
Thanks, Tom

Attachments

• IMG_0672.jpg
    IMG_0672.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 2,233
  • IMG_0673.jpg
    IMG_0673.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 2,126
you typed that as an absolute, or a guess.

we thought that too Cliff. but it is about 10" wide and 2" high. would not fit in a pan and messy out of one.

thank you

I haven't found a pic of one like it yet but I'm still looking. I do think it is to mash some kind of veggie though. I'll ask my wife when she gets home.

Cliff

Man! That's a tuff one. I'm guessing, looking at the design, it was something to set in a pot to steam something. It'd be a terrible design to press a liquid out of anything. Maybe even something for hand washing clothes. It's weird for sure.

never in my life seen anything like it. Cool find, whatever it is.

I could see it as a steamer..and something to keep something in the water. Very interesting.

Can you post any more pics from different angles? I posted your first one on another site and the best guess so far is a tool for skinning a hog but it doesn't look like it to me.

Are there any sharp edges or are the holes sharp?

Cliff

Not sure yet but I don't think it's for food. I've never seen utensils galvanized before.

Not sure yet but I don't think it's for food. I've never seen utensils galvanized before.
If it is galvanized, it wouldn't be for cooking of any kind, but might be for cold processing some kind of food or other.
This is a good one! Cannot Google up another one. I will guess it's an ice shave tool.

The bottom part looks like it's from one of those julep strainers. Not sure why it's got two handles though. Found an online image of a julep strainer

Attachments

• 61lIo0d3MuL._SL1500_.jpg
    61lIo0d3MuL._SL1500_.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,849
Back
Top Bottom