Get Ready EQUINOXERS’!!!

Could we see a "new Diggers" show a coming?

Featuring you know what.

Will be interesting to see what the Hoover Boys say about Equinox.

I mean they could really stop and start using the "real Hoover". Lol

Maybe Minelab should have named the Equinox the Hoover.
Does have a ring to it.

At this juncture, Who cares if its any good!? What I'd like to know is, if a guy buys one, Does a guy get a free damn Minelab hat or not? :laughing:

At this juncture, Who cares if its any good!? What I'd like to know is, if a guy buys one, Does a guy get a free damn Minelab hat or not? :laughing:

Tell you what Mud.
If they send me a hat with my unit, I'll mail it to you- the hat, not the detector. Lol

Let's face it.
Garrett went the cheap route.
They will pay dearly.

But look at how well Garrett has done by going cheap! They figured out the market long ago. I remember the "old" days back 35 years ago. It used to be that you got exactly what you paid for in a detector. Cheap detector got cheap results and conversely a top end detector costed top end $$$. But then Garrett came in and changed the game with their ACE series. It was a mid-level detector at a bargain, intro price. Everyone was buying them! Even experienced guys bought them to have a good backup or loaner detector because they were so cheap. Lots of other companies were pissed but it really worked to capture market share.

Fastforward to the AT-Pro. You have a very solid, near top end detector for a solid mid-level price. Every lay-person who talked with me about detecting balked at the cost of top end machines. I always recommend an AT because of the cost/performance ratio. Garrett has slayed the market with the AT-Pro because of this.

So now Minelab has finally gotten into the game. They are releasing a top-end detector at a mid price. Directly cutting XPs sales and threatening Garrett's.

Bottom line is that competition is good for us as consumers! I can't wait to see what comes is released in a couple years to compete against the Equinox.

Bet

Bet we won't see the Free 17 inch coil Christmas deal buying a new EQ , like they skipped it last year on the CTX, NOW THIS YEAR THEY SUDDENLY BRING IT BACK , if you buy a new CTX :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: HOWBOUTIT ML :shock: PS THE H--- WITH A FREE HAT.

But look at how well Garrett has done by going cheap! They figured out the market long ago. I remember the "old" days back 35 years ago. It used to be that you got exactly what you paid for in a detector. Cheap detector got cheap results and conversely a top end detector costed top end $$$. But then Garrett came in and changed the game with their ACE series. It was a mid-level detector at a bargain, intro price. Everyone was buying them! Even experienced guys bought them to have a good backup or loaner detector because they were so cheap. Lots of other companies were pissed but it really worked to capture market share.

Fastforward to the AT-Pro. You have a very solid, near top end detector for a solid mid-level price. Every lay-person who talked with me about detecting balked at the cost of top end machines. I always recommend an AT because of the cost/performance ratio. Garrett has slayed the market with the AT-Pro because of this.

So now Minelab has finally gotten into the game. They are releasing a top-end detector at a mid price. Directly cutting XPs sales and threatening Garrett's.

Bottom line is that competition is good for us as consumers! I can't wait to see what comes is released in a couple years to compete against the Equinox.

I agree with the cheap on the original At series.
YES Garrett did well.

I don't agree with the cheap as far as the At Max goes.
Same box basically as original at series, no real retooling done.
Wireless and AM is it practically.
AM don't sell Vlf detectors IMO.
And how many years elapsed since original At series release?
And what did Garrett provide?
They thought they still had a lock on the waterproof general purpose Vlf world.
Up jumped the devil.

I agree with the cheap on the original At series.
YES Garrett did well.

I don't agree with the cheap as far as the At Max goes.
Same box basically as original at series, no real retooling done.
Wireless and AM is it practically.
AM don't sell Vlf detectors IMO.
And how many years elapsed since original At series release?
And what did Garrett provide?
They thought they still had a lock on the waterproof general purpose Vlf world.
Up jumped the devil.

Yep. Maybe they will work harder now to put out something to compete against the the Devil.

-dang, I cant believe theres not a devil smily to chose from!

This could be a true statement.

Unless a detector manufacturer can make a single freq detector that is as stable as multi frequency in salt water environment, then any and all future waterproof detectors may infact be multi freq.

Knowing what I know (based purely on my reading of forums) I as a manufacturer sure wouldn't release a single freq Vlf waterproof detector.

Unless the exception noted above is true.

Let's see what happens in the future.

Btw. I'll bet those Minelab patents are buggers to get around.
But there is genius somewhere who will find a way, or even some better tech.

I look at this like the following.
A human who is intelligent or lucky enough to create some thing like security for software, and claim it to be bullet proof.

Just think if one human can make, another can penetrate or undo.

Takes money usually. Equipment, etc besides the smarts.
This can be the kicker.

And time may not be on a manufacturers side either.

Last edited:

Yup. Garrett isn't hurting for cash. They had the best selling metal detector for 10 years running, couple that with the ACE series and business has been good. Minelab is late to the party with what looks to be a formidable detector. As of yet though no one knows how good it will be. To think that no one will buy anymore Garrett products is foolish. Some will never spend 7-900 bucks on a detector. The ACE series will continue to sell.

Look at Whites. Their latest offering is the MX7. A water resistant repackage of the MX Sport. People are buying them. They have a friendly price tag. If you're new to the game and want a great beginner package the White's Christmas bundle is a great deal.

Read the link. That technology was developed in Israel. All Garrett or any other detector company would have to do is put that on a stick, call it a detector with a maximum 6" of depth and it would crush any other detector. As of now it can already go 4" deep. Park hunters would gobble that detector up in a minute as they could just walk into a park and dig up all the rings without digging pull tabs or any other trash. I wouldn't be surprised to pull up to a lot or park now and find someone on their hands and knees swinging their phone looking for treasures.

In truth Walabot is the future of detecting. If you can have it on your phone there is no reason not to have it on a pole. Make it waterproof with 10" of depth it would be the best selling detector every year if the price is under a grand. So really, Minelab is already behind the technological 8 ball even before the Nox is released. The Walabot can do something no metal detector can do including the Nox. It can also see plastic.

https://walabot.com/diy-1?utm_source=linkconnector&utm_medium=affiliate&usource=lc&utm_expid=.rsrOhXxxSpyZvO5pIwGsTw.1&utm_referrer=

Oh, so the site was just having technical difficulties after all. Geee, who suggested that?

What I find funny about detector technology in general is that it defies what many claim and their code of detecting. Make all the excuses you want but the fact is the FBS, E-Trac/CTS mainly, carry the reputation they do not so much because they go deep, but because they are the most accurate at going deep. That means you can trust the VDI much more on these that any other. That is what makes them a cut above the others.

What is the main improvement the Equinox has been suggested to bring to the table? The most accurate target ID yet at depth in even the worst conditions. This has caused all the chatter and anticipation. Better target id at a greater depth. So been-N-diggers should care little about this new technology that is said will make their detectors "obsolete".

I don't know about you, but my main requirement in a detector IS indeed the most accurate target ID at the greatest depth and worst conditions.

Oh, so the site was just having technical difficulties after all. Geee, who suggested that?

What I find funny about detector technology in general is that it defies what many claim and their code of detecting. Make all the excuses you want but the fact is the FBS, E-Trac/CTS mainly, carry the reputation they do not so much because they go deep, but because they are the most accurate at going deep. That means you can trust the VDI much more on these that any other. That is what makes them a cut above the others.

What is the main improvement the Equinox has been suggested to bring to the table? The most accurate target ID yet at depth in even the worst conditions. This has caused all the chatter and anticipation. Better target id at a greater depth. So been-N-diggers should care little about this new technology that is said will make their detectors "obsolete".

I don't know about you, but my main requirement in a detector IS indeed the most accurate target ID at the greatest depth and worst conditions.

But hasn't Minelab already said that the FBS machines will have an advantage on some targets in some conditions ? Proof that there isn't the one perfect do it all detector.

This could be a true statement.

Unless a detector manufacturer can make a single freq detector that is as stable as multi frequency in salt water environment, then any and all future waterproof detectors may infact be multi freq.

Knowing what I know (based purely on my reading of forums) I as a manufacturer sure wouldn't release a single freq Vlf waterproof detector.

Unless the exception noted above is true.

Let's see what happens in the future.

Btw. I'll bet those Minelab patents are buggers to get around.
But there is genius somewhere who will find a way, or even some better tech.

I look at this like the following.
A human who is intelligent or lucky enough to create some thing like security for software, and claim it to be bullet proof.

Just think if one human can make, another can penetrate or undo.

Takes money usually. Equipment, etc besides the smarts.
This can be the kicker.

The R2 doesn't false in saltwater. Single frequency.

There's already multi frequency detectors on the market. That isn't new. The Minelab IQ is new but the Whites V3 and VX already use concurrent multi frequency. Working around Minelab won't be that difficult. The V3 and VX actually give more info than the Nox. If Whites would waterproof those machines they could have a top seller.

Disagree. Look how many are waiting for the Nox. Let another detector company debut a new detector that's supposed to be better and people will wait. Including you as you're waiting now.

But hasn't Minelab already said that the FBS machines will have an advantage on some targets in some conditions ? Proof that there isn't the one perfect do it all detector.

True enough kajunman, but I don't see there ever being a "do it all" detector to put the rest out of business. There will always be a detector that can do a particular job under a particular condition better than others.

All I'm saying is I believe E-Trac /CTX owes popularity over the others because of the ability to give a better more accurate target ID at extreme depths. IF, and a big IF, the Equinox can do even better, as the clams say, then this is why all the escalated anticipation.

Disagree. Look how many are waiting for the Nox. Let another detector company debut a new detector that's supposed to be better and people will wait. Including you as you're waiting now.

Agree 100%. Although they tried,there was never anywhere near the excitement and anticipation for any other new released detectors that there is with the NOX. And in my opinion, for good reason.

The R2 doesn't false in saltwater. Single frequency.

There's already multi frequency detectors on the market. That isn't new. The Minelab IQ is new but the Whites V3 and VX already use concurrent multi frequency. Working around Minelab won't be that difficult. The V3 and VX actually give more info than the Nox. If Whites would waterproof those machines they could have a top seller.

Well,
You can disagree with me that's fine.
You ever use a fbs/fbs2 detector?
IMO based on use.
Not all multi freq detectors created equal.

For example.
A 9" deep dime solo sitting in 4 bars indicated ground (Fisher F75's mineralization meter)
Sweeping this undisturbed dime (flushing) with coil comparing V3i and Etrac (both detectors set up correctly)

Which detector is the odds on favorite to tell a user a higher conductive is lurking?
Guess

Racer series is the best single freq in salt water I have seen video ps on, I have never ran a detector on a salt water beach period.
Can the Racer series be amped up sensivity wise and still remain stable??

As far as time not being on a manufacturer side.
Okay, then they can all just drag their feet.
Minelab won't mind at all I'm sure.
Since bbs and fbs detectors released worldly, which manufacturer has answered with equivalent to better multi freq tech/detector?
And how long has it been since bbs/fbs release?
A long time.
So if it were easy where is the beef?

Humans are funny some times.
First in wins a lot of times.
Reputation of a great performer for the $$$, folks won't forget ever I don't think.

When a detector company wins a person over, it is difficult for them to be won by another.
Can be done, but will take a very good product (performance), and this won't happen overnight.
As evidenced by what happened to Minelab when they debut their explorers in USA.
There were non believers as far as the folks using their equipment in say old parks, loading up on the silver.
Eventually these naysayers caved and wallah, went out and bought their equipment.

I wish all detector manufacturers the best.

So, we all will get to see what affects the Equinox have on the hobby as well as the detector manufacturer industry as a whole.

This thread will be here.
My comments as well as yours.
Folks can come back here in a year, 18 months, 2 years, 3 years.
And gauge and see who is more correct with their opinion and forward thinking.

Well,
You can disagree with me that's fine.
You ever use a fbs/fbs2 detector?
IMO based on use.
Not all multi freq detectors created equal.

For example.
A 9" deep dime solo sitting in 4 bars indicated ground (Fisher F75's mineralization meter)
Sweeping this undisturbed dime (flushing) with coil comparing V3i and Etrac (both detectors set up correctly)

Which detector is the odds on favorite to tell a user a higher conductive is lurking?
Guess

Racer series is the best single freq in salt water I have seen video ps on, I have never ran a detector on a salt water beach period.
Can the Racer series be amped up sensivity wise and still remain stable??

As far as time not being on a manufacturer side.
Okay, then they can all just drag their feet.
Minelab won't mind at all I'm sure.

Humans are funny some times.
First in wins a lot of times.
Reputation of a great performer for the $$$, folks won't forget ever I don't think.

When a detector company wins a person over, it is difficult for them to be won by another.
Can be done, but will take a very good product (performance), and this won't happen overnight.
As evidenced by what happened to Minelab when they debut their explorers in USA.
There were non believers as far as the folks using their equipment in say old parks, loading up on the silver.
Eventually these naysayers caved and wallah, went out and bought their equipment.

I wish all detector manufacturers the best.

So, we all will get to see what affects the Equinox have on the hobby as well as the detector manufacturer industry as a whole.

This thread will be here.
My comments as well as yours.
Folks can come back here in a year, 18 months, 2 years, 3 years.
And gauge and see who is more correct with their opinion and forward thinking.

The Nox isn't the future. See my post above with the link.

The part I disagree with you is waiting. People will wait because they're always looking for the latest greatest. But again, the Nox isn't the future. Neither is the Max. Or any other detector currently on the market.

True enough kajunman, but I don't see there ever being a "do it all" detector to put the rest out of business. There will always be a detector that can do a particular job under a particular condition better than others.

All I'm saying is I believe E-Trac /CTX owes popularity over the others because of the ability to give a better more accurate target ID at extreme depths. IF, and a big IF, the Equinox can do even better, as the clams say, then this is why all the escalated anticipation.

Agree 100%. Although they tried,there was never anywhere near the excitement and anticipation for any other new released detectors that there is with the NOX. And in my opinion, for good reason.

Agree with all you said.

Just think.

What if Minelab would have released a 3 pound update able Etrac 2.
Then what?

You see this Equinox thingy is not just about newer tech, the reason for the seeming excitement by folks.

Or a 3 pound CTX.

I have said this before.
Many manufacturers wished they had Minelab's problem.
The problem being bad ergo/weight.

Imagine a Etrac that looked and felt like Fisher F75!!

Back
Top Bottom