• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My first silver quarter

Congratz. Pretty soon it will be your first seated. Then your first bust. Then your first gold. Within a year or two: Any gold coin newer than 1850 will bore you to tears ! :cool:

Nice job staying persistent in that park and bagging a silver GW, NC! It sounds like a lot of other detectorists may have missed that quarter if you’ve seen them in the same section of the park - finding silver is great, but finding big silver that others left behind has got to feel even better :yes:

Congratz. Pretty soon it will be your first seated. Then your first bust. Then your first gold. Within a year or two: Any gold coin newer than 1850 will bore you to tears ! :cool:
Now THAT'S pretty funny!!
Congrats on your first, it can take awhile for some folks, me included!
Thanks!
Nice job staying persistent in that park and bagging a silver GW, NC! It sounds like a lot of other detectorists may have missed that quarter if you’ve seen them in the same section of the park - finding silver is great, but finding big silver that others left behind has got to feel even better :yes:
Thankyou! I'm sorta wondering how I missed it, but I'm sure I did as I for the most part don't grid, just sort of wander around in a semi-calculated fashion:lol:

Haha! "Sort of wander around in a semi calculated fashion" This describes me most of the time!:laughing:
Nice job on the Q. Love the in-situ reveal photo! I bet 2018, you'll be putting up some impressive FTY numbers.

Great save

Got out in the cold this morning with my new vaquero. Hit my favorite park where I found a silver rosie recently. That rosie and this quarter are the only silver coins I've found here. I've hit this particlar area before but must have missed this one. It was 5 inches down and when I pulled the plug I saw something shiny and figured it was a quarter.
Tis a great feeling isn't it ? Many more. HH Mark

Congrats!! I have been detecting for 5 years and I have still only found 1 silver quarter. I have found a handful of dimes but only 1 quarter and still waiting to find that silver half and the grand Silver Dollar!!

Nice score! Finding that first silver quarter proved allusive to me my first three seasons detecting. Finally found my first this summer and within a few months scored five more (all barber too). I believe this had to do with location and upgrading to a better detector! I wish you the same luck ahead!!

Congradulations on the sweet silver Washington .
The things do not come along often enough and that is what makes them so speacial. For the money we spend on gas alone we could buy a handful of silver coins. But hunting them down ... priceless ! 👍

Great job man!! Congratulations! How you liking the Vaquero?

I'm loving the vaquero. Took it to the same park last thursday and got a 1954 rosie. Then yesterday took it out in the woods behind my house and got 1901 indian head in an area that I've searched before with the F70 a few times. Who knows I may not have gotten my coil over that exact spot with the f70, but I did with the Vaq.

Back
Top Bottom