• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Recently used my new 36" Samson shovel and very happy

tinsmith

Elite Member
This 36" Sampson makes life diggins so much easier! Recently tried on a little hunt at my new 1st flr. apartment in a nice old 1920's built colonial house back yard. Just to try the new digger and dug only 3 holes around tons of old iron nail and foil type hits. 705 identified and seperated sweetly and I dug only 3 holes-1 copper lincoln 1 clad nickel and 1 silver Rosie! Had to quit for wifey's needs..
Each coin 3"-4"deep in a nice tight so easily cut while standing plug.
I have the Mini Sampson and the standard red handle knife type lesche and love them. First time I dug standing. This rather expensive little shovel is going to be productive. I just had to tell it.

I bought one last year. It is awesome and makes digging so easy. also digs a clean plug.

Thanks for sharing.

I need to get a new shovel.

I used to go the thrifty path and just grab diggers at Home Depot. Would buy something that looked like the real detectorist diggers. That did not save a nickel in the long run. After around 6 yrs in this hobby I know for sure you get what you pay for. I gave most cheaper hardware store diggers away to a pal trying to learn the hobby on a very tight budget. Once your sure you are "Bit" by this pastime, just pay the 50. 60 bucks. A shovel is not intended to be used to pry. But I have pryed with these Samsons. No problem ever. Pry the plug of coarse. Not big rocks, hard roots ex.... I'm sure you allready know this. I'm just chatty today, "caffiene". Strong diggers the lesche line. Thanks shooter

ooops! correction not 36". Is 31"

Sorry guys, :no: hope nobody lost time looking for a 36" lesche. Its overall length is 31". Now in fact I remember dealers post them as the 31"

Sorry guys, :no: hope nobody lost time looking for a 36" lesche. Its overall length is 31". Now in fact I remember dealers post them as the 31"

Finally bought one last year, didn't know what I was missing. Much easier on the shoulders, and a much better plug.

Back
Top Bottom