• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Equinox Pre order

cobb05

Seriously thinking about preordering one. Currently running a fisher F 75 ltd but always wanted a minelab but never wanted to drop that much for the E trac (since its starting to get up there in age and figured a new one would be coming out before long. Guess I was kind of right haha). Where are all of you guys placing your pre orders at?

Might be a bit before the current pre-orders are filled and stock is available. This late in the order process, you may benefit from waiting and seeing what those who get the first ones report. I doubt you'll delay getting one by much if any if you do so.

I placed my order for 4, 800 equinox with Antique detectors. Great guys to deal with. Placing an order with Jerry is like talking with an old buddy

well where should I place my preorder then. Kellyco? or somewhere else. I bought my last one on here through showme treasure (who was awesome to deal with) but he doesn't sell minelab it seems.

Most dealers have ceased taking all "pre-orders". There are thousands spoken for already and none are available. If you can find someone to put you on a list, you should do it rather than wait for them to become generally available.

I recommend staying away from any dealer who is demanding any money up front. Thats just wrong to demand $$ for a hope and a prayer.

wait a week or two after release and snag one on classifieds. you will probably get it faster than waiting on a list and maybe save a few bucks.

There will be a 1000 nox's on Ebay, so I would not tie up my money on a pre order.

Better yet, wait 1 month and they might be a 1000 (used) ones on Ebay

As I really don't see Minelab's shooting them self's in there own foot.

selling the new Nox for $800 that will out perform there $1500 Etrac or there

$2500 3030, just my honest opinion, I just don't see this happening.

As I really don't see Minelab's shooting them self's in there own foot.

selling the new Nox for $800 that will out perform there $1500 Etrac or there

$2500 3030, just my honest opinion, I just don't see this happening.

You've never studied business economics have you?

I sure hope The $800 Nox, will crush The $2500 3030, which was a great Detector. only time will tell

If it doesn’t prove as capable than the overpriced, overweight big-bucks machines currently on the market, it will just be another midrange machine with some new features.

I doubt this will be the case. I believe Minelab saw their sales in Europe going away and getting slow also in the US. They had to do something. Also, the existing ML machines use ancient microprocessors and are SLOW. The EOX is fast, due to up to date components and new software.

In Europe “deep silver” isn’t the big deal it is here. They have a few thousand years of coins and other relics - most of which aren’t high conductors - which the FBS/BBS machines are optimum for. Henc the new machine is more suited to medium conductors like hammered silver and gold coins and relics.

Last edited:
You may have something there lytle.

I think Minelab enjoyed many years as top gun of deep coin detectors with the FBS, now many lines are catching up with new smaller and lighter designs. In my experience they still don't have a lot of competition in the accurately id'ing extremely deep coins arena, but Deus is closing the gap.

Here's hoping the Equinox is what they claim.

Some of you quote prices like my wife does. The nox is actually $899, not $800. If you quote ETracs at $1500 and CTXs at $2500 then the nox is a $900 detector. Small picky point, I know, don't jump all over me. Nothing wrong with accuracy. :police:

Some of quote prices like my wife does. The nox is actually $899. If you quote ETracs at $1500 and CTXs at $2500 then the nox is a $900 detector. Small picky point, I know, don't jump all over me. Nothing wrong with accuracy.

Yeah, but those the Minelab Minimum Advertised Prices (MAP) so no dealer can undercut another. But only the unknowing and the newbies pay that price. Every dealer worth their name will sell you it cheaper, by 15-20% in most cases. Don't fall for crappy "bundles" of worthless !!!! to justify the MAP price.

Of course, that's obvious. But the posts above were quoting retail for Etracs and CTXs. I was just going for consistency - retail against retail. Since we don't know what the nox will actually sell for yet that's how it has to be.

Better yet, wait 1 month and they might be a 1000 (used) ones on Ebay

Not a chance. If you find lots of used Equinox detectors for sale a month after they are released... please leave me a message and say you told me so, but it ain't gonna happen. There will always be a few folks who don't like something for one reason or another and sell it, but my guess is until the stock is built up by Minelab's distributors and dealers, they will be hard to find without a wait, and any used ones that do show up won't be much if any cheaper than dealer prices and will disappear fast. If anything, I think you'll see those folks who pre-ordered more than one listing them on Ebay for above dealer prices trying to make a profit from the lack of supply.

Antiques Detectors would be MORE THEN HAPPY to help you with any of your metal detecting needs/ wants. Call Jerry at 620 856 5190.

Back
Top Bottom