Detectorists, Season 3, Episode 6 available now

wow! se3 ep6....All Detectorists Fans! Front and center! Gotta see this one a few times!! Best Epi Yet!
"Detectorists are Time Travelers, We unearth the scattered Memories"...

Last edited:
I never knew Detectorists existed until I saw this thread pop up a couple weeks ago - started watching, and I absolutely love it! One more episode left in Season 1 for me - now I gotta tune out of this thread in case of spoilers :lol:

That show cracks me up....then again I love that dry British humor. Has a slight Monty Python flavor. :lol: I couldn't help myself and bought season 1 and 2 on DVD from Amazon. Probably order season 3 today. The discs have behind the scenes and talks to the actors. I was surprised to see the actor that plays Andy (Mackenzie Crook) wrote and directed the series. Apparently the show won a lot of awards (well deserved IMO) like best comedy in Britain. There is also another episode (X-mas episode I think they called it) at end of season 2 that sort of leads in to season 3. It seems like every time I watch it, I hear a new line that was hiding in that British accent and gets me laughing again. They've got a winner and I really hope they do more seasons. Better than any sitcom we have here! (IMO)

I am really curious if they will have another episode this year or not, they had 7 episodes last season. Either way, great episode!

I binge watched season 1 and 2 this last week on Netflix. Anyone know when season 3 will be on Netflix? Such a great show. It does have some strong language on occasion. My wife doesn't like me watching around the kids. Just last night she came home from the gym and was asking the kids what we had been doing while she was gone. My 7 year old pipes up... "Dad was watching his metal detector show with the F words"

Great finish to a well done show!

I'm going to hold out hope that there is enough outcry from the fans of the show that Mackenzie Crook brings it back for another Series at some point. Hopefully, Sophie comes back and convinces the guys to embark on some sort of lark. :iwish:

The DVD Box Set with all three Series is already released.

Here is the link if anyone is interested;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Detectorists-1-3-Xmas-Special-Box/dp/B074BNFXYQ

ETA: Unfortunately, it appears that Series 3 will be the last...

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2017-11-08/detectorists-series-3-mackenzie-crook/

This set in your link is of no use to Americans. Its formatted for British DVD players. We will have to wait for Acorn media to release it here as they own the North American rights.

This set in your link is of no use to Americans. Its formatted for British DVD players. We will have to wait for Acorn media to release it here as they own the North American rights.

Oops, Acorn Media link. :doah:

< LINK REMOVED >

ETA: This is Region 2 format as well. :shrug:

Last edited:
I know Acorn makes an region 1 format, I have the season 1 and 2 copies. I think I got them on amazon, but its been at least a year so I cant remember for sure.

I was going to buy the Series 1 & 2 set, but I read early on after Series 2 that there was probably going to be a Series 3, so I decided to wait and get the complete set. It'll come out in Region 1, they won't pass up on the American market.

Or, you can make your DVD Region free...

http://www.wisebread.com/make-your-dvd-player-region-free-in-seconds

Back
Top Bottom