No east coast colonials and LC's lately, eh

You're right Tom, it's been slow going out here. I found this thing, but was disappointed that that it was not 1700's so I ran it through the coinstar machine with the rest of my 1800's and clad. Get this..the stupid machine gave me $1 for it and it's not even a US coin! Psyched!

:laughing::laughing: Looks pretty nice for a ChuckyCheese token!! I suppose you tumbled it first? Rock salt and fish tank gravel? :laughing::laughing:

Lies lies, more east coast lies. Yeah, sure, you just walk out to the beach (and/or any sandbox) and start digging LC's, trimes, etc....

Here's how we'll know folks: If you look closely at the coins in Capt. Silver's pix, you will no doubt see the SAME coins show up on another east coast person's hunts in a few month. Pretty clever, eh ?

As for the sand grains that seem fused to the coin, that's all photo-shop trickery. And if you ever see a picture Capt. Silver himself, the dead giveaway is you'll notice his squinty eyes. :whistle:

And as for the Minelab machine seen in the background, DO YOU THINK THAT'S A COINCIDENCE ? NNeeeooohh. He's a shill for minelab. They pay him a stipend for each time a minelab machine appears in his photo's. Ie.: advertising shill. Did you get your Minelab check this week yet Capt'n Silver ?? :?:

Tom is right, the sand box is where all the cool kids loose their treasures.

Attachments

• IMG_8744.JPG
    IMG_8744.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 81
You're right Tom, it's been slow going out here. I found this thing, but was disappointed that that it was not 1700's so I ran it through the coinstar machine with the rest of my 1800's and clad. Get this..the stupid machine gave me $1 for it and it's not even a US coin! Psyched!

An 1806! Wow!

Lies lies, more east coast lies. Yeah, sure, you just walk out to the beach (and/or any sandbox) and start digging LC's, trimes, etc....

Here's how we'll know folks: If you look closely at the coins in Capt. Silver's pix, you will no doubt see the SAME coins show up on another east coast person's hunts in a few month. Pretty clever, eh ?

As for the sand grains that seem fused to the coin, that's all photo-shop trickery. And if you ever see a picture Capt. Silver himself, the dead giveaway is you'll notice his squinty eyes. :whistle:

And as for the Minelab machine seen in the background, DO YOU THINK THAT'S A COINCIDENCE ? NNeeeooohh. He's a shill for minelab. They pay him a stipend for each time a minelab machine appears in his photo's. Ie.: advertising shill. Did you get your Minelab check this week yet Capt'n Silver ?? :?:

here is some of the photoshop workmanship :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_8042.jpg
    IMG_8042.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 67
I was there when this one was dug a few weeks ago. Was generous and let my buddy find this one :

https://youtu.be/SFyKr3MyOUk

And sure: We'd bring that to you as a west coast souvenir to pass out. However: He's already bored a hole in it to use as a washer to fix his lawn mower. Besides: They're "new" to you east coast guys anyhow. Who BRISTLE at anything newer than 1800. So you would no doubt have thumbed your nose at it anyhow. :nono:

Great video, thanks for sharing!

just got my shipment of coins in will have them posted later.... :lol: been sick and sites have been hard to come by but deer season ends Jan 1ts and then I will be back to telling the east coats lies.

What are you, crazy? They dont buy those coins! They simply ship the same coins around to each other! Like a little book club dealie...Or 'Jam of the month' consortium... Sorta like what you Cali guys do with 'gold' coins, except for no chocolate innards...

This weeks pkg is hung up in the holiday rush mail!...Hope somebody has a tracking number so we can see some amazing 'finds'!:laughing:

Us Claddies have been doing something similar to this for years! We just snatch all the pennies out of the take a penny tray when the girl aint looking, then do a post! I mean, hey, its the results that matter! You gonna talk or you gonna fish?:laughing:

Damnit mud, you're gonna blow our cover. Blame USPS.

I am almost done crafting a coat of scale mail using only three cent silver pieces. I am just showing the star side. I may craft another coat later using only III side.

I may also coat my car exterior of my car with Oak Tree shillings. It really would make a statement. Hopefully, it won't totally destroy my gas milage.

I wanted to wallpaper my study in Fugio cents, but, my wife said I cannot until I found the 7 I am missing to completely cover all of the walls. I tried to slip in a couple of NH coppers, but, she said that would be stupid.

Ughh...Tom your killing me......I LOVE digging coppers and colonial goodies.....however this year I faced some tough truths.
2015 and 2016 were banner years with over 70 plus coppers each season etc....this year.....totals are way down and I actually had some great looking sites, that didn't really pan out......

1 - A good/great hunting spot.....in reality is short lived.
Once the coins/relics are gone....the don't grow back....DARN

2 Finding new permission spots that haven't already been detected or are currently being detected. is getting tougher

3 - I had so much good luck with door knocking last few years that I shared my flyer handout and approach with several other detectorists. WELL....they finally got the nerve to go door knocking and now I have more competition!!!

4 Its still a HUNT.....gotta have patience during the slow times.....looking forward to 2018

We're not seeing the usual barrage of colonial coppers, LC's, busts, reales, etc.... from the east coast hunters lately. They will probably try to attribute this lack of show & tell to the supposed snow and freezes there. Eh ?

But ... since it's all paintshop photo-shop program trickery, I don't know what the weather has to do with the lack of posts. All you guys have to do is continue to buy them at the coin store as usual. And simply use your indoor planter box dirt to stage those supposed "in-situ" pix. :detector:
Tom....I'm really sorry I wasn't able to post some of my "East Coast" copper finds sooner but I had to send them in to be graded for the upcoming auction I'll be putting them in. I dug all of these just last week in a previously "hunted out" modern schoolyard.

Attachments

• Image (5).jpg
    Image (5).jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 25
Back
Top Bottom