Would you buy this shovel for metal detecting?

No, I don't carry any shovel into the parks, period. Just doesn't look good.

I carry my 18" Sampson at my side like in the picture. I have never had anyone sy anything about it and I have even talked to park employees while wearing it. It has never caused me any problems wearing it that way and I have been doing it for several years now.
MiniC1.jpg

I bought one yesterday not for the parks, mine was same price but made in China, it has a root saw that hides in the frame.

At this price if lasts a few years fine with me, and bought at the Army surplus store.. but sure like that T shovel.

I'm not a fan of those little GI shovels. I have one, but the only thing it's good for is a little gardening around the house.

So do I but I haven't used my 31" since i bought my 18".

Hey Silversmith,
I was a Silversmith for quite awhile and used to do repairs for the turquoise shops in SoCal.
I made a lot of hand wrought jewelry and actually miss doing it. I still have all my smithing and casting tools.
Just thought I’d share that. PM me for questions. Good luck!

Considered a 18 inch mini shovel.

I dont use shovels in parks here, got asked to leave one day when I thought I would try.

Those little etools can move a lot of dirt and are tough. For the money they are great. You can also put them on or in a backpack for low profile.

Before I bought a 31 inch lesche, I purchased a trenching shovel for about 20 bucks. They are pretty tough and will keep you from digging more dirt than you need too.

Now I see some shovels out there made out of square pipe.......again the etool is lighter than most.

When I upgraded my F75 to LTD2 with DST, Fisher gave me a 2 piece metal shovel that is 3 times the shovel my etool was. I now keep the etool in the truck. Was out fishing one night and my buddy got the car stuck in soft sand. I never want to dig a car out by hand again lol.

Back
Top Bottom