Beware: The Gold Lady in Kingman, AZ

ZR2guy

Elite Member
I dont know if this gets posted here but I was contacted by this company The Gold Lady on another forum via private message yesterday, to trade my currently listed detector for a new AT Max. Their account was immediately deactivated when I attempted to reply. They will leave a phone number in the PM. I called and was asked to send my machine first to someone that only had 32 posts in 2 years, not a sponsor, and was immediately deactivated:laughing: The business is legit in Arizona but now must be looking at predatory sales to stay in business.
After going through the motions an getting him to agree to ship first, he tells me that the new detector is at UPS and he will have a tracking number for me:roll: I later get a text saying that his wife was mad about the account deactivation and it was somehow my fault; and his wife went to UPS to retrieve the new detector. At this point, I am now told to ship mine and then he would ship the new one . He goes on to say it's zero risk, his company has been in business for 20 years, he sells a lot of Minelab equipment, blah, blah , blah. I simply tell him that if it is zero risk then ship first like you said you would.
Now the true colors start to show when I mention again about his post count. I was told by the guy named Darren that he has 5 or 6 usernames that he will use to contact members on all forums in the classifieds to sell/trade. His comment on number of posts for credibility was " number of posts don't mean sh#t" and referred to the forums as" those faggy forums" . I was appalled to say the least. I contacted the BBB in Kingman.
I have been a member in good standing here and on other MD forums with excellent transaction history and references and I would not want to see anyone taken advantage of or scammed. People like this don't belong here or in this great hobby.

Last edited:
We would appreciate it if you, or anyone else, that gets a similar PM to please forward a copy of the PM to me, or Craig, so we can investigate.

Back
Top Bottom