Beach Finds

chopz54

Hi Guys. Been out on the East Suffolk coast ( England) a couple of times this week.
Coins 30s-1969. Plus 2 others, could be roman, will have to clean up a bit.

Heres a photo of ammo that day .Inc mortar, 303s,fmj,s,shell frags etc etc

Best of Luck to you all Chop :yes:

Attachments

• IM000357.JPG
    IM000357.JPG
    199.2 KB · Views: 2,165
Thanks Booker. Dont normally find as much ammo etc but this day tried a different piece of beach. Still hoping one day something nice will wash up, either from one of the many battle wrecks,or from the "old" dunwich, long lost under the sea ( in the 12/13 century). Going to try a small out the way beach, an old wooded path ( on a river ) and the meadow behind my local pub ( 16th century )tomm-.

hoser said:
Nice going chopz. What is that copper colored flower looking thing on the bottum?

Hi hoser. bit unsure what the copper ring is.It has a thread on the reverse (inside) and look to be some kind of pipe?? retainer. Looks a bit of an odd shape(and copper) to be domestic (they are mostly brass).Perhaps someone on here might know??
Thanks for your interest.

That was from 1 afternoon ( monday) sometimes get the odd live stuff too ( bullets )
WW2. Got lots of odd things. Pain not having any land though ( got about 1/4 acre behind my local pub ). still, always enjoy myself when at the beach, and never leave empty handed,and usually find enough cash for petrol for the bike :lol:

Nice finds, Did you ever wonder if some of the stuff you find has old evil spirits connected with them. I heard a story about a guy who was in IWO JIMA recently and brought back some sand from the beach where a lot of soldiers died and since he brought back the sand some weird things have been happening in his home. Just though I'd ask. Great finds, looking forward to seeing the Roman Coins.

bobbulge said:
Nice finds, Did you ever wonder if some of the stuff you find has old evil spirits connected with them. I heard a story about a guy who was in IWO JIMA recently and brought back some sand from the beach where a lot of soldiers died and since he brought back the sand some weird things have been happening in his home. Just though I'd ask. Great finds, looking forward to seeing the Roman Coins.

Hi Bob. Not much chance of evil spirits with this stuff. Its left over from when the beaches where fortified for WW2 and training. Not getting much joy cleaning up the 2 mystery old coins up. they are pretty badly worn/tarnished ( not gold or silver ) but I definately think they are pretty old..whatever they are/where. Will post some pics later. Good Luck Chop.

TommyBoy said:
Good find there chopz, love your avatar and you don't need much land to hunt if you have your own pub!

When I said " my local pub " I meant the local pub which I use. Would be nice to have a pub though :yes:

chopz54 said:
TommyBoy said:
Good find there chopz, love your avatar and you don't need much land to hunt if you have your own pub!

When I said " my local pub " I meant the local pub which I use. Would be nice to have a pub though :yes:
Grew up in a pub, I had so much fun but it has its downsides, people puking outside my bedroom window, working all hours of the night and morning. Nasty old drunks to deal with, come to think of it the only fun I had was because my parents were so busy working, I could do what I wanted:)

Nice digs Chopz. Have you ever researched ship wrecks to narrow the detecting sites down ? I sure would love to be on the coast detecting- guess the grass is always greener :) steve in so az

Back
Top Bottom