Over 70 pieces of junk, Gold, Silver and Illinois Chauffeur Badge.

snowyettie

Alrighty, Its been a while since I posted so here is me catching up with this year so far. I was digging every pull tab today, like I usually do, and I got 2 surprise's from it. In the first pick, the corner with the silver dime and pull tab, I dug the tab, rechecked the hole, and about 3 inches deeper was my second silver dime of the day. The second surprise came in the form of a class ring! 10K with initials and the date 1938 on there twice! I checked online and that school, that was on the ring, was built in 1909. (I found the ring in a different town) Also "Peacock" is stamped in there. The stone is missing but I did take a bunch of dirt from the hole and the plug and I will see if I can find it. I dug the war nickel first, the 1959 dime second, the 64d third and the ring last. The other war nickel, 1942 20 centavos, silver ring, and the 1930 badge were from my last hunt. I figured I would sneak them in.
Pic one: Yesterday digs. top left is the war nickel top right is 1959 dime bottom left is the ring and bottom right is the 64 d dime that was under the pop tab.
Pic two: Yesterdays keepers close up.
Pic three: Yesterdays coins. 1944 P war nickle, 1959 and 64 d dimes.
Pic four: Closeup of the ring.
Pic five: My last hunt. Ring was smashed, I unbent it and the stone popped out :-( Someone said its probably quartz.
Pic six: All the garbage I dug yesterday and the rest of the stuff. Totally worth it.

My buddy Bacon, that I hunt with, took a video of me digging the ring out. But its embarrassing since I was yelling like a school girl, and I'm a big guy. so I wont post it. lol

Update: Called the school no one answered. Found out they didnt have school today. lol. I sent the admin assistant to the superintendent an email, hopefully they can help me find the person and/or family.

Attachments

• Goods1.jpg
    Goods1.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 296
  • Goods2.jpg
    Goods2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 210
  • Coins1.jpg
    Coins1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 203
  • RingClose.jpg
    RingClose.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 208
  • LastHunt.jpg
    LastHunt.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 223
  • Rest.jpg
    Rest.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Outstanding finds - you can post the video, we won't laugh at you :lol: Congrats. I like those chauffeur badges.

That's some good huntin'! You sure dug the bejesus outta the place, way to go on the goodies!

Wtg

On the finds. Also noticed you are doing more than your share of cleaning up the trash...You deserve a medal for that......Gil

Attachments

• medalth.jpg
    medalth.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 182
Back
Top Bottom