Old Farm House Gives Up My 1st Silver

The Rebel

Forum Supporter
Low & behold this old house was all boarded up, which must be new as it was not like this in the fall.

After doing my honey do list asked the wife if she would mind me ducking out for a few hrs.

House has got to be from the 1800's and I found this old pc. of equipment sitting right out side, not sure what it is.

Anyhow started around the back side of the house. Not much found bolts, washers & nails neare the house so I went further back in the yard. Found the penny near the roots of a tree abot 3-4 in down. At 1st I thoght IH, but turned out to be a 1967 Lincoln.

Continued on to the front yard & found my 1st silver, a 1943 P Nickel about 4-5 in down. Was a great feeling to find it, especially as it's old, Silver & from WWII.

Continued around to the front door & found this old looking pin right in front of the 1st steps.

Oh yea, used the Pro-Pointer on this hunt for the 1st time & IT ROCKS. Really helped speed up my recovery time. If you don't have this you have got to get one.

Happy Easter to all of you!!

nice

Looks like that place should produce enough to fill a pickle jar or two.
Maybe try to get permision and take your time on several hunts.

just a little story

Me and my girl mini swinger stopped at a boarded up old house also extremely old and for sale, ( no signs or posted nothing). We were there maybe 8 min and a man next door said we had to leave so after trying to calm him down for a sec realized it wasn't happening, and we left. I get maybe 1/8th of a mile down the road and a car comes flying up on my ass and wont back off, I can see he is on the phone. I did a quick u turn which he also did and stayed on me. So I pulled over and I asked "what's up dude?" "I am on the phone with the sheriff stay here!" so I figured bring them! the etracs are in the back our knees are dirty: I was detecting. Well they let us go we were on the side of the road for 45 min with 2 cops and it was nuts! Moral of the story GET PERMISSION!!!!!

I agree with the moral of the story, however, that type of behavior is unwarranted. Furthermore, if it had been me, there would have been a bit of a different outcome - right after I pulled over. That is aggressive harassment, and as such, entitles one to defend oneself. RickO

By the way, that piece of wood equipment is an antique seed cleaner. This is totally beyond the scope of the code of ethics for metal detecting. The 1st thing in the code of ethics is "get permission"

I had a machete between the seats always in case ( I had my eye on him)

Lucky the police didnt see that machete, you would have been in jail then. In Indiana, thats considered an illegal weapon if its carried anywhere within arms reach inside of a vehicle.

If I didn't ask permission, I'd hunt half of the houses in my town, but if you give it a try, you'll find it's not that bad. I've had my eye on this one house that I drive by every now and then, and so one day I decided to stop and obtain permission. Well, no one answered at the house (1800s, abandoned), so I went next door, found a name of the person to call, but things are still in limbo right now. My point: They were not angry, mean, or upset, but nice friendly people! :yes: Good job on the war nickel--HH
NC

1st & formost you are all correct on getting permission. Saw the property & got so excited thinking it's gonna get buldozed any day now so I had better act fast, I didn't think it through.

Did some research last night to see who owns the property. I've contacted the real estate company & am awaiting their response.

Here's hopiong fo good news!!!

Back
Top Bottom