The Good Stuff Just Keeps Coming!

KYshooter

Elite Member
So ... I went back to the old lot where I hunted earlier this week. And, remember, I hit the spot at least three separate times last year. Before today the site had yielded eight silver coins, numerous wheat pennies, one IH, and various medals and various other pieces ... even a large copper!

I continued the pattern that I started on Monday, working at a 45-degree angle compared to my last time on the site. After popping a couple copper Lincolns, I got a jumpy nickle-to-dime signal. Kind of strange, so I dug. And I was thrilled when I saw this Jefferson on the bottom of the plug!
04-01-10-war-nickel.jpg

It is, hands down, the mist "silver" War Nickel I've dug. It's a 1943-P. I think the copper oxidation from the alloy is pretty cool. I was stoked ... I had struck silver. After that, the rest of the day was, "gravy."

Here's a pic of my total take:
04-01-10-finds.jpg

I was getting several nickel signals, most of them shallow. All of the shallow ones turned out to be can slaw, so I finally gave up on them. But when I got a solid nickel signal 3 inches or deeper I dug. I managed to pull a no-date Buffalo (only my second one ever!) and two older Jeffersons.

I'm not sure how I missed the 1958 quarter before now. It was dead-center of the old front yard ... just three inches deep and screaming that Garrett silver song. I didn't do the happy dance, but I think I did wiggle just a little. :lol:

I also dug three wheaties, two are 1952-D and the other is completely encrusted in thick copper oxidation. I could barely even tell it was a Lincoln,

A large chunk of lead, an aluminum play knife, and two play coins rounded out my day. The play penny is actually copper and dated 1950! It is a razor-thin disc. The play dime is way cool.

An awesome three-hour hunt, if I do say so myself. Silver makes me SMILE!:D

I like silver!!! I like the way it sounds when you drop it on the counter top. Good job and I know you are going back. :)

nice

That place is still producing, more hunts there for sure, very nice!

It's amazing what you miss even when you do a thorough hunt, only go over it in a different direction and pull more goodies!! :lol:
Thats a good "tip of the day" for everyone :yes:
Try it again, who knows what you'll come up with ;)
Congrats on the finds :D

Wow, how ironic; I actually found that identical aluminum play-knife in my backyard this weekend. Mine is in a lot worse condition (been hit a few times with a lawn mower, no doubt), but has the exact same design on the handle and everything. Just thought it was neat to see the same one on here so soon!

Great hunt; nice going!

Back
Top Bottom