Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Deteknix
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Stories and Pictures of Finds

Old 02-16-2020, 05:02 PM
Supporter

Default DeepTech Vista X Beep Dig Kinda Day

Took the new Vista X out today. Iím one of those weirdos that still likes to swing a screenless analog detector sometimes.

It didnít disappoint for itís first really day out. Found two rings, one silver that I broke bending back and one kids costume ring; a 1918 merc; a buffalo I still havenít pulled the date from; some weird UK coin called a new penny 1/2; a silver pendant that at first confused me because it was 8 inches down, but after researching it looks to be vintage; and a wheat cent plus the usual clad pulls. Posted a pic of the trash to show the mix.

Old 02-16-2020, 05:11 PM
Elite Member

Nice bunch of finds! Lots of NICKLES! You always find better targets beeping and digging. A detecting buddy of mine brought his Vista X with him when he came to visit to do some detecting with me. That sucker is fast, deep, and has great audio modulation. I'm In the market for a good used one.

beephead

Old 02-16-2020, 05:44 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by beephead View post
Nice bunch of finds! Lots of NICKLES! You always find better targets beeping and digging. A detecting buddy of mine brought his Vista X with him when he came to visit to do some detecting with me. That sucker is fast, deep, and has great audio modulation. I'm In the market for a good used one.

beephead
I was also trying to find a used one, I missed one that someone put up with both coils for like $400. I finally gave up and traded a Simplex I wasn't using towards one.

I'm super happy with it, like you said fast deep and audio modulation is great. It also does great on 3D separation which many detectors fumble on. It was able to grab a silver dime in my garden that I have buried 4 inches under a large group of square nails. It's only the second detector that has gotten it yet.

Old 02-16-2020, 06:00 PM
Elite Member

Well done on the finds.

Information on your decimal half-penny.

"The decimal half penny was introduced in February 1971 and was the smallest decimal coin in both size and value.

However, due to its low value the coin became increasingly unpopular and was withdrawn less than 15 years after its release.

The halfpenny is the only decimal denomination to be withdrawn from circulation and as a result it has become the Ďforgotten coiní of decimalisation."

Old 02-16-2020, 06:03 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Doug View post
Well done on the finds.

Information on your decimal half-penny.

"The decimal half penny was introduced in February 1971 and was the smallest decimal coin in both size and value.

However, due to its low value the coin became increasingly unpopular and was withdrawn less than 15 years after its release.

The halfpenny is the only decimal denomination to be withdrawn from circulation and as a result it has become the Ďforgotten coiní of decimalisation."

Thatís pretty cool, thanks for the info. It confided the heck out of me when I dug it

Old 02-16-2020, 06:30 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by ChrisMD View post
I was also trying to find a used one, I missed one that someone put up with both coils for like $400. I finally gave up and traded a Simplex I wasn't using towards one.

I'm super happy with it, like you said fast deep and audio modulation is great. It also does great on 3D separation which many detectors fumble on. It was able to grab a silver dime in my garden that I have buried 4 inches under a large group of square nails. It's only the second detector that has gotten it yet.
My hunting buddy got that one and it's the one that I tried. Sweat Deal! I'd like to get a deal like that!

beephead

Old 02-17-2020, 07:29 AM
Elite Member

A really nice bunch of finds! I love those charms, I would definitely buy a pair of those for my wife. After 32 years I have see both sides but wouldn't trade her for nothing,

Old 02-18-2020, 01:52 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by beephead View post

beephead
Truth! My Compadres have found a decent amount of gold! The main reason I wanted a Nox was salt water use, and also more depth. Sounds like the X is good on depth!

Congrats on the new machine and great finds there Chris! Doing good with the new machine!

EQX800, Dos Compadres : 2020 (Total (4/13 to date)) - Clad: $63.47 ($1037.46), Silver coins: 10 (36), Wheats: 32 (138), Gold: 1 (27), Plat: 0 (1), .925 3 (80), Rings: 9 (223), Oldest Coins: 1921 Ten Centavos Filipinas; Chinese cash coin

Old 02-19-2020, 04:51 PM

ChrisMD - I have a Vista X, too. You are so correct about it being able to hit good targets in iron.

Just curious what the second detector was that hit that silver dime four inches under nails, that you mention above.

Thanks

Old 02-19-2020, 05:14 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by ken135 View post
ChrisMD - I have a Vista X, too. You are so correct about it being able to hit good targets in iron.

Just curious what the second detector was that hit that silver dime four inches under nails, that you mention above.

Thanks
Probably the Deeptech Gold Gain Plus

beephead

Old 02-19-2020, 09:03 PM
Supporter

Nice finds! Posting your trash digs is a good reference for those getting into the hobby. Digging trash signals can bring treasures!

Old 02-19-2020, 09:19 PM
Elite Member

Congrats on the cool finds, I think beep and dig is just alot of fun!