GoPro Hero 3 ?

John W.H.

Elite Member
I've seen alot of videos posted on the forum and I've allways been interested in trying it myself someday. Well my wife bought me a GoPro Hero 3 Black edition for christmas and I was wondering if anyone has used this camera for detecting?? I know nothing about these things but it seems like a very nice unit. Any input? :cool:

Sweet camera! I use a similar POV camera for my water hunts. They are great for hands-free stuff and for where weather might ruin a traditional video cam.

I have used go pros for many years. They make a great product. Lemme know if u have any questions :cool: if your looking to attach it to you MD purchase the seat post mount.

I'm probably going to make a shoulder point of view for it because it's kind of weird wearing the headband

We just bought a GoPro3 and have been checking out all the tips on YouTube.

Here's a ballcap mounted GoPro... :D

I have a gorp hero3 black edition camera and I havnt had the chance to use it for medal detecting considering we have snow even thought we dont have enough snow to snowmobile which is what i want to use the camera for.

I have a gorp hero3 black edition camera and I havnt had the chance to use it for medal detecting considering we have snow even thought we dont have enough snow to snowmobile which is what i want to use the camera for.

Exactly! We can't wait to get out and give it a try! :yes:

We bought the suction cup mount to stick it on the hood or side door, plus we took a big clamp and Vlad welded a bolt on it to attach to practically anything, and then he made a pvc hand held thingie for panning.

Exactly! We can't wait to get out and give it a try! :yes:

We bought the suction cup mount to stick it on the hood or side door, plus we took a big clamp and Vlad welded a bolt on it to attach to practically anything, and then he made a pvc hand held thingie for panning.
Carol, you folks might want to consider a separate teather in addition to the suction cup, in case the suction cup for some reason fails. It's way to nice of a unit to risk losing it.

FWIW, I've had an original GoPro for several years, and I've done videos with it on my morotcycle including a run through The Tail Of The Dragon (HWY 129 on the Tenn/NC border...318 turns in 11mi). For an action cam, it's a hard unit to beat w/o spending twice the $ or more.

Back
Top Bottom