Tot Lot Knife

xltcowboy

I went to a couple of tot lots early this morning and found these few finds. I also found a new dime and a few pennies. Good thing I got there before the kids!

Attachments

• 2010 Tot Lot Finds 003.jpg
    2010 Tot Lot Finds 003.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 310
  • 2010 Tot Lot Finds 004.jpg
    2010 Tot Lot Finds 004.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 306
I actually own that identical knife, and I use it on a daily basis :) Sharpen her back up and you'll never have to again :)

Those are popular knives. I got my dad one for his Birthday last year. You would be able to tell if it was his tho... I personalized it at work on my mill. ;)

I have found three knives in our local tot lot, one being an older looking knife with the word Tyne on it. I cant find much about it though.:grin:

I found a knife at a tot lot as well! Whats up with that?? Mine is huge! About 10 in opened. Theres a pic on my profile of it. I think people need to be careful taking their knives with them while playing with their kids...

I found a knife at a tot lot as well! Whats up with that?? Mine is huge! About 10 in opened. Theres a pic on my profile of it. I think people need to be careful taking their knives with them while playing with their kids...

I have a feeling it's likely a case of: Boy takes dads knife because boys will be boys. He takes it out to the tot lot and show friends. It gets traded between friends for an hour or two. They lose interest or find something else more interesting. Knife gets "put down" for a second, and kids have such a short attention spam that it quickly gets forgotten... Later that night they each think "what happened to that knife", and assume one of the other friends took it home.

Purely speculation. I was a boy once and that sounds about how it would have happened in our circle. lol

Another time, another planet.

At a very young age (7 or 8) I had a folding knife that I carried all the time. All my pals did too. Of course we were not Sharks and Jets type kids, but we were just kids who made spears and slingshots in the woods. Cut fishing poles and our initials in things. We were acceptable Tom Sawyer, Huckleberry Finn kids.

Times have changed. I hate it when this happens. Now a young boy with a knife is considered a social menace, a veritable pariah.

I hope it was some young boy's knife and at the moment he's getting another one. This time with a lanyard.

Jennings

Back
Top Bottom