Stock Nox coil at the sportsfield

Soil Surgeon

Forum Supporter
Took my 6' coil off to see if I could get a bit more depth . I did but I still avoided hitting a silver coin . I did start cherry picking anything 29 and above after a short while .

I banged off 21 quarters a lot of which were pocket drops ,2 clad dimes , 4 memorials and a 1936 D Wheat .I put in 2 1/2 hrs. in the heat , I stayed hydrated , moved slow and even sat down for a bit twice . I used wireless headphones ( first time ever ) for 2hrs. before I started getting disconnected ,luckily , I was prepared and had brought as set of wired headphones .I was going to try to set up some new settings but I accidentally grabbed the start up sheet that was written in Russian instead of the English one .Doh ! :frustrated:

I'm going back there next week and hopefully I have my act together a bit more before then . Oh well , $5.50 isn't too bad .

Attachments

• IMG_1432.jpg
    IMG_1432.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_1440.jpg
    IMG_1440.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 196
Nice finds. May want to take your silver numbers down from 29 to 24 and up. I have pulled most merks at 26-27 but last week I pulled a 3 inch deep one out that rang up 24-25. Good luck

Thanks , I will try that (again ) even though when I was digging 24 it would consistently be getting memorial pennies . I'm really liking the Nox , I think it's going to take me a while to learn it though .

Nice finds. May want to take your silver numbers down from 29 to 24 and up. I have pulled most merks at 26-27 but last week I pulled a 3 inch deep one out that rang up 24-25. Good luck

Was that 3" Merc kind of worn thin ? I also wonder if there was an unseen nail nearby pulling the number down ?

Pre-1982 Memorials, clad dimes and silver Roosevelts and Mercuries can all hit at 24 and up to 30-31 depending on target orientation, depth, soil moisture levels and ground mineralization. If it seems like it is a coin sized target from the audio responses it should be investigated. Zinc pennies that are particularly corroded can also jump from 19 to 29 or 30 too depending on those same factors so don't be surprised if you dig a few zincs if you cherry pick from 24 to 36 or so. That is not caused by the Nox malfunctioning. It is those simultaneous multifrequencies reading all of the nasty zinc/copper corrosion chemicals and the currents they create.

Jeff

Pre-1982 Memorials, clad dimes and silver Roosevelts and Mercuries can all hit at 24 and up to 30-31 depending on target orientation, depth, soil moisture levels and ground mineralization. If it seems like it is a coin sized target from the audio responses it should be investigated. Zinc pennies that are particularly corroded can also jump from 19 to 29 or 30 too depending on those same factors so don't be surprised if you dig a few zincs if you cherry pick from 24 to 36 or so. That is not caused by the Nox malfunctioning. It is those simultaneous multifrequencies reading all of the nasty zinc/copper corrosion chemicals and the currents they create.

Jeff

Thanks for your input Jeff and TNT . I'm going to have to go back and start taking a look at those 24's I passed over .

Jeff obviously knows better than I, but I did find a very small bent and rusted nail in the hole. It did make me question the 24 VDI. But it was a solid 24. Normally, if there is junk in the hole with a target, the VDI will jump a bit, but it didn't.

Back
Top Bottom