• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Record four silver dimes and some wheats

pplinker

Forum Supporter
So I went to detect at a place where the neighbors wouldn't let me detect before but now that house is up for sale and the neighbors are okay with it. Vacant lot. I detected last summer but now the vegetation is low, and so are the temperatures, but I survived. 34 degrees out.

First good find was a mercury dime. Found some wheats and memorials. The dog license was a welcome find, I love finding those but didn't know what it was till I got home and washed it off.

Washed the dimes off with baking soda to get that black crud off and it worked pretty well. Pennies, too. I like to use candle wax on the pennies, will do that later. I enjoy cleaning up the finds and keeping records.
Happy hunting,
Penny

Attachments

• DSC00622.JPG
    DSC00622.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 518
  • DSC00623.JPG
    DSC00623.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 479
I love seeing silver come out of the dirt. Causes my heart rate to climb just a little. Four in one hunt are a good number. Congratulations. I was griping this morning about the temp being 48 and I looked online to find that it was 24 in your area. BRRRRR That is too cold for human habitation. Yes this old hillbilly has gotten soft.

I love seeing silver come out of the dirt. Causes my heart rate to climb just a little. Four in one hunt are a good number. Congratulations. I was griping this morning about the temp being 48 and I looked online to find that it was 24 in your area. BRRRRR That is too cold for human habitation. Yes this old hillbilly has gotten soft.

Lol 24 is nothing, come on up to western ny if you wanna see if your little guys still retract or not....then head into canada if you want em to freeze off

Lol 24 is nothing, come on up to western ny if you wanna see if your little guys still retract or not....then head into canada if you want em to freeze off

I grew up in the same state as penny. Might be the reason I stayed in the south. I do not like Cold, Snow and dreary skies. Yall can have all that you want but keep it in the north.

We had a snow storm Jan 3 2018. That should take care of us for at least ten years.

Penny congrats on a record multiple silver hunt, also the wheats and other cool finds. Nice way to start the year, hope the trend continues. HH Mark

So I went to detect at a place where the neighbors wouldn't let me detect before but now that house is up for sale and the neighbors are okay with it. Vacant lot. ..........

Why do the neighbors have any say in it? Are they responsible for maintaining the vacant lot for the owner?

I grew up in the same state as penny. Might be the reason I stayed in the south. I do not like Cold, Snow and dreary skies. Yall can have all that you want but keep it in the north.

We had a snow storm Jan 3 2018. That should take care of us for at least ten years.

I'd take the cold over the heat when metal detecting. All the movement helps to keep you warm.

Back
Top Bottom