First ever silver coin

Bounder

I am going into my third season of detecting and yesterday found my first ever silver coin, a 1964 quarter. In the same hole with it was a 1965 quarter and the difference in condition was considerable. The silver quarter shines like new while the other is quite dingy.I see on the forum that a lot of people find a good number of silver coins and I envy that and hope to find more in the future now that I've broken the curse.

Attachments

• 0107200904.jpg
    0107200904.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 500
Congrats on finding your first silver coin. Silver coins generally come out of the ground looking almost as good as new but clad coins will come out badly discolored if they've been in the ground for any length of time. Good luck finding your next silver coin......

I'm glad to see you got your first silver smile. May it be the first of many.:dingding:

I am going into my third season of detecting and yesterday found my first ever silver coin, a 1964 quarter. In the same hole with it was a 1965 quarter and the difference in condition was considerable. The silver quarter shines like new while the other is quite dingy.I see on the forum that a lot of people find a good number of silver coins and I envy that and hope to find more in the future now that I've broken the curse.

Congrats! You'll recognize that shine in an instant when you see it again.

The most amazing thing to me was the fact that I was able to detect in January. The ground where I usually hunt was too frozen so I ventured into the woods on a trail that wouldn't be very visible in the summer. I found the coins next to a log that was laying across the trail. Past the log the ground was frozen again but I will hit it again in the spring before the brush gets too thick. Good hunting to all who can still go.

Congratz on the silver-coin bucket-lister. Pretty soon it will be barbers. Then seateds. etc.... Bucket listers will fly past. Before long : Any gold coin newer than 1850 will bore you to tears !

If I ever should find a gold coin, they won't be tears of boredom. Thanx for all the congrats.

That's it, you are hooked now! My first silver was a 44 Merc dime and it got my attention. Good luck!

I still remember my first silver, a 1942 quarter, about 8 inches down. You never forget your first good finds. I can point out where I found my first buffalo, mercury, barber, slq, etc.

Back
Top Bottom