First Year Detecting Best Finds!

Mistersippi

So it’s been a great first year(ish) for me metal detecting so I thought I’d show off some of my best finds. I hope this is in the right thread! I love this community and y’all have been here to help me learn along the way. I seriously can’t thank you guys enough!

- Bronze Ram Horn Oar Lock

- Early 1900’s Whistle “The Great Develine”

- Decorative Piece Found On Civil War Campsite

- Early 1900’s Catholic Pendant

- W & G Tuckerman Gold Gilded Button

- Civil War Union Breastplate (One of my greatest finds by far)

- Civil War Toe Tap

- Buckle From Civil War Campsite

- E.B. London Pin Fire Shotgun Shell

- Various Civil War Bullets

- 1829 5 Cent Piece With Hole

- My First Shield Nickel (Found on civil war campsite)

- World War 2 Era, 50 Cal Bullet Casing

- Silver Piece With The Name Louise Lovert (Also found on civil war campsite)

- Square Nails For Filler

- The Big Silver Ring I Found My First Time Metal Detecting That Gave Me The Excitement To Keep Going And Ultimately Finding All The Great Stuff I Have!

There is also a lot more items I could not include because I have them packaged in my coin collection case or they were to big to fit. Thanks for checking my greatest finds from this past year and if you could excuse me I need to get back to digging!

Attachments

• 4DF073CE-AA06-4A03-B073-94D2D334F3BB.jpg
    4DF073CE-AA06-4A03-B073-94D2D334F3BB.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,182
Last edited:
Nice finds!

What is round piece at the top right of the photo? I found something that looks very similar, and have always wondered what it was.

Nice finds!

What is round piece at the top right of the photo? I found something that looks very similar, and have always wondered what it was.

Not to positive but I think it’s some sort of pin or rosette. I found it on a civil war battle sight about 5 ft away from that mini ball and it was a little deeper. It may not be anything special but I like how it looks amongst the other items.

Great finds and awesome display!

Thanks everyone I may have jumped the gun a little bit. Today I found what I believe to be a confederate Louisiana civil war button. Haven’t even had time to clean it yet.

Attachments

• 735CA788-65A6-4B2D-BADA-968CABD22BD3.jpeg
    735CA788-65A6-4B2D-BADA-968CABD22BD3.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 1,035
Back
Top Bottom