• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Found in a football field - What Are They???

piggman1

I found these in a football field, however, not in the same area. They were spread out over the field. They seem to be copper plated pewter or something similar. Anyone know what these are?

Attachments

• Lugnuts.JPG
    Lugnuts.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,678
  • Lugnut Tops.JPG
    Lugnut Tops.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,703
  • Lugnut Bottoms.JPG
    Lugnut Bottoms.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 1,679
The pictures show the tops and bottoms. They are not threaded. There are only 3 of them....so far. Sorry for not explaining.

i showed the picture to a friend and he said he has seen something like these,he thought they were for making wax seals on envelopes,dont know myself

i showed the picture to a friend and he said he has seen something like these,he thought they were for making wax seals on envelopes,dont know myself

Well thay can't be that. Wax seals wouldn't be found on a football field. Besides, "world cup" would come out backwards in a seal.

So are you saying there is a picture on each side of this thing? If thats the case I couldn't imagine what they are, because they are shaped like nuts and they would screw onto something. Thats why I guessed the cleats. But one is a basketball design and surely they don't use cleats. This stumps me!

What do referees tie into the corner of their penalty flags to weight them? Would these work as that?

Other than being sports related, I don't have a clue. Basketball on one side, and soccer the other........Maybe they possably fit inside something. Sure is strange, but nice finds anyway!

:?: Don't these finds irritate the sh*t out of you? I am sure I am not the only one to spend an insane amount of hours trying to identfy a object only to conclude that I am the only person in the world to have found such an object.
So Congrats on your interesting gismos.:D

Re:Found in a Football Field...What Are They?

Maybe some kind of game pieces?

Cladius........We are thinking alike ! Piggman also posted this challenge on
T'Net forum, where on June 14th I posted "A wild guess.........used as game
pieces or dice.". Then on June 17th I posted on the same thread on T'Net,
the following comment "Piggman......I stand by my first reply/guess: game
pieces/dice. Unless someone else can prove me wrong, I win !! LOL "

Looks like I beat you to the draw, but being a nice guy :saint:, I'll be glad to share the prize ! :lol: :lol:

Too bad search engines (Google, Yahoo, etc.) aren't capable of photo image recognition, otherwise we could have solved this mystery at the gitgo ! LOL

Seriously, I hope someone out there can put a positive I.D. on this one....
it's really got my curiosity ! WTG Piggman !

ToddB64

Why not post a picture of the items at the school and offer a reward for identification? Maybe $5 or something, or even if it was to give the items back to the owner... some one at the school must know what they are. At least then you'd know.

I'm leaning toward game pieces too since there are 3 of the same on one side. But for a game I would think baseball would be more in order like 1st base, 2nd base, 3rd base. Maybe there would be 4, and 1 is missing, roll all four the same for a homerun

lol, wild guess :D

All of the characters refer to soccer. They are definitely from a piece of field equipment. I still say a capped or blind nut. Sometimes they are used to secure the net around the goal frame. Exposed threads would invite cuts, blind or capped nuts would offer a little more safety.

All of the characters refer to soccer. They are definitely from a piece of field equipment. I still say a capped or blind nut. Sometimes they are used to secure the net around the goal frame. Exposed threads would invite cuts, blind or capped nuts would offer a little more safety.

But what about the back sides that show a guy shooting a basketball?

they look like home made trinkets to me like someone took some nuts and welded the covers on . so if its a game then it might be a home made type game but if its not then i would say some kind of thing the would give to young kids for field day events maybe .

oh the one of the ball is a volly ball not a soccer ball , so now we have basket ball , soccer , and vollyball with an olympic symbol so im going to lean toward some kind of home made tokens of acheivement they gave the kids for doing well in a field day event which is why they most likely were scattered all over the feild and not in one spot as game peices would have been. as the kids played around they lost more . heck i would bring one to the school were you found them and as the gym teacher since they would have helped with such an event just a thought

I have no idea what they are, but they're not nuts because nuts are six sided, and these are eight sided.

Back
Top Bottom