Not a Honker but Big for Me

Compass

Forum Supporter
Until the beaches improve I've been making the lake circuit with my Equinox and new 6" coil. For the second hunt in a row I found gold after about an hour which sure makes the rest of the hunt more enjoyable. A TID of 19-20 and a quick scoop revealed the unmistakable gleam of yellow metal poking out from the pile of wet sand!
picture.php

I picked it up and realized that it was a decent sized men's ring- something I've not found much of recently.
picture.php

It tips the scales at 7 grams which isn't big by any means but I don't even remember the last time that I found a bigger one. :roll:
picture.php

After the gold ring I added rings of stainless steel, silver and tungsten along with 60-70 clad coins.
picture.php

It's been a good start to 2020 after a slow 2019. I hope that I can keep it going. GL&HH!

Last edited:
Sir George, That is a doozy in by book.... I'd be more than happy! Congrats.... I want to see how Lake Mead works once it's a bit warmer. It's a Federal park so I assume I'll have to be neck deep and on the down low so as not to get popped by the local Barney Fife.

Attachments

• giphy.jpg
    giphy.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 648
Nice set of rings,Congrats on them all,especially the gold..I definitely envy you guys who have a beach close..
Thanks woodbutcher, I'm about an hour's drive from the beach but 10 minutes away from the closest lake, one of four that I hunt from time to time. :yes:

That's a great haul. Nice looking diamond bad. Congrats.
Thanks dog! Yes, it was a fun hunt for sure with plenty of targets to practice on with the new coil. :yes:

Sir George, That is a doozy in by book.... I'd be more than happy! Congrats.... I want to see how Lake Mead works once it's a bit warmer. It's a Federal park so I assume I'll have to be neck deep and on the down low so as not to get popped by the local Barney Fife.
Thanks Kevin, I didn't realize that Lake Mead was off-limits to metal detectors. All that tons of lead, bottle caps, pull tabs, fish hooks, aluminum foil, batteries, and other trash will stay in the environment for future generations I guess. :?::roll:
Compass, good to see your CA goodies. Luv the in-situ poses !
Thanks Tom, I'm going to make more of an effort to take more hunt pictures this year since I enjoy reading other's posts with them. :yes:

:dingding: That's such a nice looking ring! And there's guys out there with the 'Nox that wont dig those penny signals! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom