• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Coinstar find.....Beat this!!!!!

Vermonster

Elite Member
At least in uniqueness...… :p

Haven't found anything at my local Coinstar in probably over a year. Long dry spell. Went in to grab something last night, and found 4 coins in there. All pretty dirty, but knew I had a good find or 2. There was clad penny, but then the other 3 were:

1943 Steel Penny
1952 Dime
1949 Quarter

Thought that was a pretty neat variety of finds at one time. Would have made a cool pocket spill if it had been dug...…..

Attachments

• Coins 2.jpg
    Coins 2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 555
Nice work V! Coin stars here have been very very miserly for a long while. My 9 year old son seems to have some luck though, he got a 40% half and silver Rosie not too long ago! Been a long time since I’ve found any keepers.

Congrats, definitely a very neat assortment !!!! :thumbsup:

Steel pennies were somewhat easier to find when I was a kid, but much harder to casually find nowadays !

Got back from a quick trip to the grocery store about an hour ago, one coin in the Coinstar reject tray, a 2005 dime so not silver, but hey, still better than the crusty Zincolns I sometimes find :lol:

Nice. I am still looking but not finding. In over seven years I have found One coin. a 2017 dime. But I keep looking.

You think? Those coins are in pretty crappy condition to have been in a collection, unless it was a kid or something.

I think everybody has a collection of coins, buttons, paperclips and all the pocket swag you acquire and don't want to throw away. Home health aides or grandkids hooked on dope are going through the dresser drawers.

I think everybody has a collection of coins, buttons, paperclips and all the pocket swag you acquire and don't want to throw away. Home health aides or grandkids hooked on dope are going through the dresser drawers.
Too funny! What would they do with coins if they even knew what coins are!

Cool, a few weeks ago I found a Washington and a Roosevelt at the same time in a CS,,, and I've found a steel penny in a CS,,, but never all three together,,,,, CONGRATS!!

Back
Top Bottom