Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Help To ID My Finds

Old 12-05-2019, 06:56 PM

Default Lady Liberty Iron?

I was going through my junk boxís and came across this interesting shaped iron so I cleaned it up and I believe thatís lady liberty on the front. Only reason Iím as curious about this is because I found it on a civil war camp area. If you know what this could have went to Iíd appreciate the help!
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2019, 09:19 PM
Elite Member

That sort of looks like it's hinged on one side. Could you gently wire brush that area and soak some penetrating oil on it? Does it look like possibly a seam around it under all the rust where you could eventually pry it open? May have a long ago sweetheart photo in it. Just some thoughts. Hope it's something super cool like that.

Don

Sent from my LG-H871S using Tapatalk

Old 12-05-2019, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by ecmo View post
That sort of looks like it's hinged on one side. Could you gently wire brush that area and soak some penetrating oil on it? Does it look like possibly a seam around it under all the rust where you could eventually pry it open? May have a long ago sweetheart photo in it. Just some thoughts. Hope it's something super cool like that.

Don

Sent from my LG-H871S using Tapatalk
Unfortunately I donít think itís a hinge. I see why you think that Iím the picture but it appears to be part of the decorative shape! Iíll double check it tomorrow though but I donít think there is a seam either. Thanks for the reply!

Old 12-06-2019, 12:10 PM
Elite Member

Looks like one big hunk of iron to me, maybe a decorative part of a cabinet or other furniture.