Looking for a detecting buddy in Upstate South Carolina

MikeSatter

Elite Member
I live in Central, and I am looking for someone that would like to go metal detecting either in Oconee, Pickens, Anderson, or Greenville counties. I work retail so my schedule varies, and I have off some weekdays and some weekends. Anyone interested, let me know!

Myrtle Beach

I am interested in getting started here around the Myrtle Beach area. ANyone need a student?

I am new at metal detecting and was hoping to find someone local on the same level, so we could learn together. I really don't know of any places around here that is not historical or government owned beside the city park that I can hunt. I did contact my city hall and got approval to search the city park, but when I did someone elese had already been there and left holes and just covered them back with mulch and left the trash.

Hi Mike,

I saw a good park in Pelzer the other day right on highway 25 which is about an hour and 10 minutes from me so I would imagine it's about the same distance from you if you'd like to try it sometime? It's all sand and I believe I saw where you are new to the hobby so it would be simple to search while you get used to your detector. Let me know
Rick

Hi Mike,

My friend and I are both close to Clemson and new to detecting. We are in the process of trying to find places to hunt. (learning laws, gaining permission etc.) We would like to get together with other hunters in the area as well.

Let me know if you're interested and we'll work on the details.

UF

Pelzer does have a nice park and a lot of history in that area with one of the last Civil War Battles fought in that area. Maybe everyone that is interested could meet in Pelzer, and we could search the parks. I will give the town hall a call and verify that it is ok to hunt there.

Mike

I called today and spoke with the town cleark, and he wants me to call the mayor. I have to go into work and will try to reach the mayor tomorrow. He did state that he did not think it would be a problem as long as we were just looking for basically on top of the ground with very little digging but wants me to call the mayor to obtain final approval.

I am new to greenville

I am looking for people who love to hunt as much as I do. I came from Kansas to be here with family and I havent found anyone who metaldetects here!!! I would like to start a group or join a group of people who love metal detecting as much as I do. if there is anyone out there please text or call me 864 438 6202.... I hope to hear back from someone!!!

Hi Iosilver i bought a metal detector about 5 months ago hunted the back yard fun stuff would love to hunt I did go to Paris mountain state park found some clad coins and 1 old 1952 Wheat Pennie should be silver there as well

Iosilver, I am new to the area also, and also new to detecting. Want to get together and attempt to find some honey holes here in greenville?

Hi there....I live in Pawleys Island and just bought my first md....anyone from the myrtle beach area that wouldn't mind teaching??? Thanks!

New to metal detecting

MY NAME IS JASON AND I LIVE IN ANDERSON S.C...I JUST GOT MY FIRST METAL DETECTOR AND I AM HOPING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO LIVES CLOSE TO GO OUT AND HUNT WITH AND LEARN HOW TO USE IT PROPERLY.I HAVE THE BASICS DOWN.ALSO THERE ARE SOME PARKS 10 MINS FROM MY HOUSE WERE I HAVE FOUND GOLD AND COINS WITH MY NEPHEWS KIDDIE METAL DETECTOR.IF ANYBODY WOULD LIKE TO GET TOGETHER AND GO HUNT I AM FREE EVERYDAY EXCEPT FRIDAY MORNING,MONDAY MORNING AND SATURDAY MORNING.ALL OTHER DAY'S I AM FREE SINCE I WORK FROM HOME AND MAKE MY OWN SCHEDULE...THANKS :cool:

Back
Top Bottom