• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hi all, new for forum

TC50

Hi everyone!
I'm Teresa and new to the forum and metal detecting. I purchased an AT Pro and still trying to figure out the best settings but slowly getting there. I had my first "hunt" yesterday and this was my first find after about 30 min. I'm assuming it is some type of ammo but honestly I have no clue. I did weigh it when I got home and it's 20g. I would welcome any input as to what it may be. I also purchased the Garrett pin pointer....and glad I did! It's awesome!

I have discovered this could very likely become an addiction!

Thanks for any and all help
Teresa

Attachments

• Don-Cherie's 5-15-2018 (1).JPG
    Don-Cherie's 5-15-2018 (1).JPG
    60 KB · Views: 148
  • Don-Cherie's 5-15-2018 (2).JPG
    Don-Cherie's 5-15-2018 (2).JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Don-Cherie's 5-15-2018 (3).JPG
    Don-Cherie's 5-15-2018 (3).JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 115
  • Don-Cherie's 5-15-2018 (4).JPG
    Don-Cherie's 5-15-2018 (4).JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 115
  • Don-Cherie's 5-15-2018 (5).JPG
    Don-Cherie's 5-15-2018 (5).JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 114
Welcome welcome. I also swing an AT Pro at the moment, as well as a couple of Whites machines. And yes....it is an addiction. Congrats on your first find :-) [Western WA]

Oldest coin dug- 1927 wheatie.

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

This video I found online might be of help, this is part 1 of a 4 part series they made, after part 1 you should see where you can click for part 2 and so on -

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Welcome to the forum, and to metal detecting, what a fun hobby!

yes, a pin pointer really does make a difference when locating your targets in the holes, saves time and frustration ;)

Your find looks to be a shotgun slug, most likely a 12 gauge being common..

Cheers

Welcome from Pennsylvania. Using a Nox 600 and an AT Pro for my back-up.
HH and good luck with your new hobby. Hit some places where you can find coins. Kiddy park or sports venues.

Thanks everyone for the welcome! Gary, I will be sure to watch those videos!! This coming weekend I'm suppose to go to a couple 100 yr old + home sites. Hopefully something will show up. I'm excited!

Thanks again for the warm welcomes! I did make one grand discovery....and that was that I need a better tick repellent! I HATE them more than anything!

Welcome to the forum from the White Mountains of NH. I swing the AT Pro as well and so far I love it. I didn't get out this past weekend but I'm itching to hit up some new areas soon.

Back
Top Bottom