CTX 3030 Right for me?

BRJ123

Elite Member
Hi Everyone,

Sorry since I think this is my third help me buy a detector thread in the past week or two.

I was originally looking for a Sand Shark or comparable PI detector, then I was convinced I needed an Excalibur but the more research I do I think I am in the market for a CTX. Let me tell you my detecting habits and maybe someone will have some advice.

I get to the beach probably 5-6 weeks out of each year, and I hit it hard every day for those weeks. This is where I have the most fun detecting by a long shot and don't want to be short changed here based on my detector decision.

The rest of the time I detect I get out about once a week where I live in PA detecting yards, parks, fields & woods etc.

I really enjoy the hobby and don't mind spending the money on the best CTX deal I can find, but I have also been considering getting an excalibur and an equinox (if they turn out to be contenders). I like the idea of modding the Excal to meet my needs and all that.

Right now I use an AT Pro for all of my detecting and I just get frustrated with it at the beach and am ready to move on.

Thanks in advance for any advice you have to offer!

Get the CTX3030, you will not regret it. Call us here at Antiques Detectors, 620 856 5190 for specials on this machine.

If you

Want a CTX3030, now is the time to get one, only use the sponsors giving a free 17 inch coil with the package, as last year when i bought mine, Ml didn't have that free 17 coil offer, the Equinox 800 i will be getting also, but the CTX3030s will still be the Flag ship of the chain, good on land , and at the beach were you will desire the 17 coil, ps you will need the waterproof headphones also, get that thrown in on the deal also , Earl

Want a CTX3030, now is the time to get one, only use the sponsors giving a free 17 inch coil with the package, as last year when i bought mine, Ml didn't have that free 17 coil offer, the Equinox 800 i will be getting also, but the CTX3030s will still be the Flag ship of the chain, good on land , and at the beach were you will desire the 17 coil, ps you will need the waterproof headphones also, get that thrown in on the deal also , Earl

Thanks very much Earl, I appreciate your advice!

No problem

I see Bart is offering the 17 free coil , get the waterproof headphones thrown in, than take the best deal , welcome to the CTX3030 silver slayer club, enjoy, happy hunting, Earl

CTX is waterproof and works well in the salt water. You'll like the accurate VDI and the disc capabilities are extremely effective for cherry picking, especially being able to disc out pennies.

The 17" coil is very effective and you'll have no problems getting comparable PI depth. Since one pass of the 17" coil is like 2 passes of a 10-11" coil, you'll cover more ground and faster than your competition.

Another thing I like is being able to use my ear buds (plug into the wireless WM10 module). When I'm hunting in the sand, especially in hot weather, the ear buds are so much cooler that a big headset.

If you have the money, get a CTX. I'm biased now that I have one. I've had a few detectors over the years and as far a target ID, I've never used better.

Last edited:
Bart

You still have it showing on the sponsor specials, :yes::lol: that means you have to honor it howboutit :laughing: Waiting for the free 17 coil offer for the Equinox , when are you posting that special :?::lol:

I will second this! I love the 17" coil!

I got in on this promotion and the 17" has netted me 2 Indians and a Barber quarter on site I have previously pounded (with an AT Pro and the 11" CTX coil).

I dont doubt that one bit! That Minelab CTX 3030 17" Coil is a great addition!

You still have it showing on the sponsor specials, :yes::lol: that means you have to honor it howboutit :laughing: Waiting for the free 17 coil offer for the Equinox , when are you posting that special :?::lol:

Your funny Earl! Cant hurt to ask, RIGHT???

I dont doubt that one bit! That Minelab CTX 3030 17" Coil is a great addition!

Your funny Earl! Cant hurt to ask, RIGHT???

“Can’t hurt to ask”...in Madison,Wi they just shuttered a Sam’s Club. The local head of the Boys and Girls club thought it would be a good idea for Walmart to GIVE the BAC club the building and property(6.2 million).
At some point,”asking” just makes you look like an “ass-k”.
Walmart declined,citing that idea as being “inconsistent with good business practice”.
I can imagine you can relate...:lol:

Bart

At some point, in time , since the offer is now over , your post should be deleted , it's miss leading to the member's :imo: , no reason for it still say free 17 coil with purchase of a CTX3030 , on sponsor specials . Or post offer is now over , on that thread . YOUR LAST POST SAID --
Last couple days for this free 17" coil special! :yes::roll::D Thanks sir

At some point, in time , since the offer is now over , your post should be deleted , it's miss leading to the member's :imo: , no reason for it still say free 17 coil with purchase of a CTX3030 , on sponsor specials . Or post offer is now over , on that thread . YOUR LAST POST SAID --
Last couple days for this free 17" coil special! :yes::roll::D Thanks sir

we cant delete our posts. plus he clearly said limited time and last post said few days left and was posted in Jan. Come on Earl...

Detecting Mo

Ok Agree to a point, my post was dated 1-30-2018 2 pm, at that time the promo was still on, the member's loss for not acting in time, Bart i guess that's the way it goes sometime, when i bought my 2 nd., CTX3030 in Jan 2017, ML didn't have that special, they decide when they have it :roll:, happy selling guy's . :waiting:

Back
Top Bottom