Added a Nox to the mix and I already hurt her

CanSlawCartoons

Well, I've been reading and watching videos on the Equinox - both the 600 and 800 and I realized that I don't need an 800 but the 600 sounded interesting, and readily available.

So I got one yesterday and went out hunting all day today.
I have to say, it's impressive.
It is a completely different language from my AT Max but it's actually been pretty easy to learn and understand. For me, anyway.
Now I just need to keep adding the hours running it and really learn what it is saying.

Won't be using it on a relic hunt until next weekend but it slaughtered clad at the soccer park today. That old park has been hammered for years and it's still producing. It was a great test hunt.
In 3 weeks I will be running the Nox on a very well known CW battlefield. My 1st and only confederate buckle came from there. I can't wait to see what the Nox digs up there that has been missed.

Now the sad part.

I already nicked the Nox with my Lesche when it was on my belt. 1st hunt, first "love bite."
My poor AT Max has lots of battle scars. Her first battle scar actually happened on a battlefield!

Anyway, just thought I'd share.
Andy

1168809e930796754a083b363742a3b6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

When in pain, it's best to share with others who know your pain.. and clumsiness.. ;) Worry not, my friends.. I'm sure she'll forgive you..

I too just received my Nox600 last week and have been putting it through the paces.. but having come from the ACE250, the transition is a little more difficult than I had expected.. getting there, slowly but surely.. been getting some help from the kind members here.. gees, what a patient lot they are ;)

Cheers!

Just rub a little dirt in it.

I never really thought about the resale value of my detectors, so I haven't been very careful with them. I don't abuse them, but you can definitely tell that they have some miles on them.

Yeah, I don't really resale machines so I don't worry about any resale value but I do try to be careful as much as possible. Some hunts are in some rugged country and gear takes a pounding.

Cosmetic damage doesn't bother me too much but not so soon!
Just rub a little dirt in it.

I never really thought about the resale value of my detectors, so I haven't been very careful with them. I don't abuse them, but you can definitely tell that they have some miles on them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

There isnt one. You have to buy one for a tablet that is larger than the EQX control unit, then trim it to size before applying.

Ok. The reason I asked was because I've tried in the past cutting protective covers (for cell phones), but always came away with a poor cut. Perhaps dull scissors was the reason, or the coatings on the plastic. Maybe using a utility knife and a straight edge might give better results.

Ok. The reason I asked was because I've tried in the past cutting protective covers (for cell phones), but always came away with a poor cut. Perhaps dull scissors was the reason, or the coatings on the plastic. Maybe using a utility knife and a straight edge might give better results.

oh yeah, they are super tough, but makes them a bear to trim. Need to use something like a razor blade, exacto-knife or really shark scissors.

Something that helped me was to cut a template from paper, then once I was happy with fit I used that to cut the protector film.

Need to use something like a razor blade, exacto-knife or really shark scissors.

Something that helped me was to cut a template from paper, then once I was happy with fit I used that to cut the protector film.

Yes. Good advice.
Ok so I just ordered some that I liked.
I'll be more prepared this time.

Back
Top Bottom