• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Civil War Hatchet?

fftbanks

Found this near the battle of Utoy Creek? Could this be from the CW? Or is it more modern?

Attachments

• hatchet bottom side.jpg
    hatchet bottom side.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 827
  • Hatchet.jpg
    Hatchet.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 785
  • hatchet2.jpg
    hatchet2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 778
Looks more like a tomahawk, than a hatchet . But what ever , it's still has a pretty cool find compared to the common axe or hatchet heads that are mostly found. Nice

I know it's not, but to me it looks like the kind tomahawk that was used in Vietnam in the 60s. I don't know if they used them in the CW too. But they do work.

Absolutely cool piece. Definitely electrolysis and a new (appropriately designed of course) hickory handle. Really nice find.

Awesome!!!!! I've been digging for 7 years and that is #2 on my bucket list. Definitely get a electrolysis rig and use Arm & Hammer Laundry soap - not baking soda..... Have a 1900's great era chisel that was worse than your hatchet ....

Huge congrats & super cool find!!!!

very great find!

I wonder if those can be found in north Georgia. everything from atlanta east of the Chattahoochee river was indian territory in the 1800's until they moved all the indians out of the state of georgia when gold was discovered. Yeah the only people who really got screwed in my opinion were the indians. We took away basically their whole country. But that is the way of the world. The strong take from the weak and if we ever become week the country will be taken from us. We are becoming weaker every day in my opinion. ooopps better keep politics out of this forum.

Back
Top Bottom