whites spectra v3i gold ring program

lo1

whites v3i gold ring program

Its bin a while since iv bin on hear i would just like to share a park program iv bin using for years i decided to make a video on how to set this up. it is a simple and easy to use. the idea is that you are looking for gold rings and rejecting the rest. the detector is de tuned so that the machine sees a deep pull tab as unstable but a more solid mass like a gold ring will come up solid hope you enjoy.

https://youtu.be/99hbZyjlNz4

thanks for sharing.

Looks like a good way to go out and find the best stuff. I've never thought about leaving silver :shock: before, but .....

I'll be trying this when the frost goes out. :thumbsup:

I found a good deal on a slightly used V3i which had just come back from White's after wiping and recalibration. I bought it specifically for this program and installed the settings as per the video as far as I can tell. Now it is really noisy and seems to hit the same tone regardless of the target. Any one have an idea where I went wrong? Anyone else have this problem?

I found a good deal on a slightly used V3i which had just come back from White's after wiping and recalibration. I bought it specifically for this program and installed the settings as per the video as far as I can tell. Now it is really noisy and seems to hit the same tone regardless of the target. Any one have an idea where I went wrong? Anyone else have this problem?

You can set the tone for each VDI number.

I am amazed that this program is finding anything. Ground tracking speed set to 60? If you are hunting in and around Boston, there is no dirt that requires a tracking speed of 60. This will cause a whole lot of noise and lost targets due to overshoot as the ground balance is trying to compensate for every little change in the ground matrix. The soil is MA is generally very mild east of the Connecticut river and doesn't vary so wildly. I can't remember a hunt where I needed to set it over 30 (usually between 20-25).

Recovery delay of 14? What are you using for a coil? It is fine for a 4" coil. With a 10" coil, you are swinging at like 10 ft/second, otherwise you are going to be swinging too slow for the recovery delay and you will be masking the hell out of things. You will definitely be losing depth and getting poor quality signals. This is likely how you are differentiating between pulltab and gold, but you are going to get poor signals from rings too depending upon depth and orientation in the ground.

Given the weight of the stock 10DD and the speed you are going to need to swing at, you will need that gold for shoulder reconstruction.

If you want to really see the difference between a pulltab and a ring, turn the horizontal resolution down to 1 (1 bar per vdi). Pulltabs look much different from rings at this resolution. Rings tend towards 1 or 2 adjacent vdi numbers where pulltabs show more bars - especially when compared to how they look and sound in one direction, compared to how they look and sound in another. Due to their geometry, they look a lot different VDI wise over the longer of the two dimensions. I can usually tell the difference between a pulltab and a non-pulltab with his setting along.

The quickest and easiest way to find dirt gold is to just dig everything. There are too many variable that can lead to the mis-identification of gold/pulltabs

Back
Top Bottom