• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New “Tector” Tomorrow!

Huckleberry

Elite Member
I decided on the Fisher F75+. :mder: Already downloaded and read the manual (a few times), and watched some videos. UPS says delivery by 8:00 pm tomorrow.:impatient: Looking foreward to testing it out here on the home place this weekend! Hope the weather holds out!

Good for you, sounds like a fine machine. Keep us updated with finds. Spring is almost here.

Congrats , A fine machine I had one of the originals , without the boost many years ago
and made many great finds with it . Easy on the arms and shoulder . A 5 year warranty is awesome to have also .You will do well with it .I ended up trading it straight across for my first explorer 2 to a guy that wanted to get rid of it after needing shoulder surgery . He loved that machine and did quite well with it . When he moved back to his native Germany it went with him . Looking forward to seeing your finds .

Watched a video about the F75 last night.
That trigger gizmo for pinpointing looks pretty handy. And i really like the headphone jack being topsides. Much easier to plug and unplug.

Good luck with UPS. I HATE UPS! Hope that you do have a delivery today. I was given the runaround yesterday, and today on a phone call. You'll surely get lucky. GLHH

Last edited:
Very good choice.

If you plan to hunt in the woods, farm fields or in bad weather then do yourself a favor and get these if you haven't already.

Attachments

• elbow-cover.jpg
    elbow-cover.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 229
  • facecovertek.jpg
    facecovertek.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 205
I decided on the Fisher F75+. :mder: Already downloaded and read the manual (a few times), and watched some videos. UPS says delivery by 8:00 pm tomorrow.:impatient: Looking foreward to testing it out here on the home place this weekend! Hope the weather holds out!

I've been running an F75 LTD for about 2 years. Can't say enough good about it. Target separation is awesome with the standard coil, but get yourself a 5" coil and leave it in your vehicle. Only takes a minute to switch out, and it can turn a hopelessly trash filled site into a successful hunt.

Congrats !!!! :thumbsup:

.......should feel like Christmas in February :lol:
:xtree::present:

Thanks Gary!

Congrats man I LOVE getting a new machine!

Me too! Thank You!

Great detector!

Thank You

Good for you, sounds like a fine machine. Keep us updated with finds. Spring is almost here.

Thanks John! Hope to be posting some goodies soon!

Congrats on your new machine. I had a friend that had one and it was deeep with boost mode !!

Thanks, that's what I'm hoping for.

Fisher makes a good product, Ive used an F 70 for 8 years myself. You will be happy with it for sure. Happy hunting.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thank You!

Congrats , A fine machine I had one of the originals , without the boost many years ago
and made many great finds with it . Easy on the arms and shoulder . A 5 year warranty is awesome to have also .You will do well with it .I ended up trading it straight across for my first explorer 2 to a guy that wanted to get rid of it after needing shoulder surgery . He loved that machine and did quite well with it . When he moved back to his native Germany it went with him . Looking forward to seeing your finds .

Thank You! It actually included a certificate for an additional two years on warranty, and free factory refurb anytime during the first 5 years!

Great detector. I have had the F75 LTD since October 2013 found lots of great finds with it.

Thank You!

Watched a video about the F75 last night.
That trigger gizmo for pinpointing looks pretty handy. And i really like the headphone jack being topsides. Much easier to plug and unplug.

Thanks John, I already like those features!

Very good choice.

If you plan to hunt in the woods, farm fields or in bad weather then do yourself a favor and get these if you haven't already.

Thanks, I was going to order the screen cover. I assume the other one is for the battery compartment? What is it called?

Good luck with UPS. I HATE UPS! Hope that you do have a delivery today. I was given the runaround yesterday, and today on a phone call. You'll surely get lucky. GLHH

I had a good experience with them today. The guy put it on the front porch, knocked on the door, and was fixing my flag that had gotten tangled around the pole when I went outside! :lol:

Thanks everyone for your input. The F75+ arrived today, in time for some limited swinging, but I did not have time to dig any signals. There is an area in my front yard about 20' X 20' that I have pounded hard with a number of machines. I tend to hit this spot when I only have a short time to detect. I hit this area briefly with the F75, running de mode, 4 tone, full sens of 99, and disc at a very low 4. Ground balanced out at 54. No chatter! Not one bit. Nice. :cool: I briefly hit the pounded area in the front yard, and was amazed at the number of deep high tones (85-98) that were pinpointing at 14 to 16 inches! I can’t wait to get out there tomorrow and start digging! Stoked to say the least! If I pull deep silver tomorrow, I’m liable to buy this thing a baby doll nightie and sleep next to it! :laughing:

I didn’t think I would like the location of the power/volume knob, or the location of the headphone jack, but after limited trial, I actually like that arrangement better than anything else that I have used. And the trigger switch for gb/pinpoint is a natural. The F-Pulse pinpointer is impressive as well.

I had been researching a new machine since the beginning of the year, lurking on several forums reading posts old and new, but I gotta say that my final decision was based largely on the feedback received on FMDF. Thanks FMDF owners, mods, admins, and members for creating a forum like this, and allowing me to be a part of it. :thumbsup:

I've been running an F75 LTD for about 2 years. Can't say enough good about it. Target separation is awesome with the standard coil, but get yourself a 5" coil and leave it in your vehicle. Only takes a minute to switch out, and it can turn a hopelessly trash filled site into a successful hunt.

Thanks coptician! I'll keep that in mind!

If you find silver, dress this detector in lingerie and sleep with it your carrot will be jealous.

Back
Top Bottom