• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

A detective story? A detective story.

This ^ but not sure about the year. 32? Seems obviously to be for dad from a child or children, maybe for a 60th (diamond) anniversary (2012 or 1992). 'C' and 'B' - Charles and Beatrice, Clyde and Bonnie :lol: .... let your imagination roam....

I second that..... a milestone wedding anniversary gift from grown children.

I'm glad that my thoughts may be helpful to you! I'm not really experienced in identifying rings, but it definitely helps to put heads together - and that's what this forum is for!

You bring up a good point about the origin of the ring. I guess my view was based on the assumption that since the inscription addresses the husband & wife as "Mom & Dad," it must be from the children, who would refer to them as such.

But you're right, that leaves us questioning why one would gift a single, masculine ring to both parents. Now that I think about it, your idea does seem to be a more likely scenario. Looking at what we do know of the ring - that it appears masculine, and that it reads something like, "Mom & Dad 12'25'52" - it would certainly make sense to say that it was a 1952 Christmas present from "Mom & Dad" to the son, like you suggested. :thumbsup:

This is a fun & interesting topic; thanks for sharing your find with us! :grin:

I think we have inferred as much as we could from what the information we have. But I still have one more question that bugs me. Why would "mom & dad" give a gold ring to their presumably adult son for Christmas? I mean, it does not look like a common Christmas gift to me. I may be wrong though. As I said was not born or raised on this continent.

Back
Top Bottom