Are Dump banks harder to find?

Seawulff

Elite Member
I've been out of the CRH hobby for a few years. Since then I've noticed a lot of the banks around me (Chicago NW suburbs) have been closing branches and even the branches they have open they have less tellers. It looks like they are trying to push people to do more on-line banking. With that being said I think they are getting rid of the Coin Machines as well. My theory is that they had an overload of CRH dumpers so they stopped offering the coin machines as an option to customers. I might be wrong.

For Chicago area I use to use TCF Banks for dumping. Two reasons, lots of locations and extended hours because they were inside Jewel-Osco foodstores. But they have since closed most all of the Jewel branches plus most of the branches still open have gotten rid of the Coin Machines.

I was thinking about getting back into the hobby. I use BOA as my ordering bank. I was thinking about checking out US Bank or PNC Bank as my dump banks. I'm hoping they still have the coin counting machines. Otherwise I'm not sure what to do for dump banks? BOAs never had the machines and only accepted customer wrapped coins, which I don't want to do, plus I don't want to return coins to the same bank I'm ordering from.

Ideas for dumpiing? :hmmm:
CRH is a fun hobby, but I find the logistics of dumping hard, and looks like it's gottin harder the past few years. They are on to us! :lol:

I've been out of the CRH hobby for a few years. Since then I've noticed a lot of the banks around me (Chicago NW suburbs) have been closing branches and even the branches they have open they have less tellers. It looks like they are trying to push people to do more on-line banking. With that being said I think they are getting rid of the Coin Machines as well. My theory is that they had an overload of CRH dumpers so they stopped offering the coin machines as an option to customers. I might be wrong.

For Chicago area I use to use TCF Banks for dumping. Two reasons, lots of locations and extended hours because they were inside Jewel-Osco foodstores. But they have since closed most all of the Jewel branches plus most of the branches still open have gotten rid of the Coin Machines.

I was thinking about getting back into the hobby. I use BOA as my ordering bank. I was thinking about checking out US Bank or PNC Bank as my dump banks. I'm hoping they still have the coin counting machines. Otherwise I'm not sure what to do for dump banks? BOAs never had the machines and only accepted customer wrapped coins, which I don't want to do, plus I don't want to return coins to the same bank I'm ordering from.

Ideas for dumpiing? :hmmm:
CRH is a fun hobby, but I find the logistics of dumping hard, and looks like it's gottin harder the past few years. They are on to us! :lol:

Seawulff, as a recently active CRHer until my dump bank closed its lobby due to the Corona virus, yes, it is hard to find a dependable dump bank. Some have said that they use their local credit union to either purchase boxes or dump their leavings. It is such a local situation, I can simply only suggest you spend some time checking out various banks to find those that have machines in many of their branches. Then open a savings account at one of your choice, so you can use the macine for free, otherwise the service fee as a non-customer will eat you alive!
Two years ago, KT was buying from one branch and dumping at another branch of the same bank, but that ended when the managers made the decision to be shed of the coin machines, not due to CRHers, but to abusers who dumped everything from wet coins to nails, bullets, jewelry, and even dentures! KT did manage to recover 2 gold rings from those days, but also that stuff caused so much costly repairs, the machines were not cost effective.

Yeah suppose I'll have to do some detective work and see what's out there. I'll have to wait though as I'm pretty sure most bank lobbies are off limits right now where I'm at (NW burbs Chicago) because of Covid. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom