Looking to get another metal detector

turtlefoot

Headstamp Addict
Hey all, I am looking to purchase a used metal detector this holiday season. As some of you might guess, my primary target to find will be shotshell brass. Right now, I am looking at the Garrett Ace 250 or a Minelab Go-Find 22. Price is a bit of a driving factor. If there is something else, in the same price range, that would be a better choice, I am open.

Thanks, and it sure feels good to be getting back into the hobby,
Doug

Edited.. you can find much better models than those 2 at similar prices but there's no way to suggest what models will be available in the used market. You also should tell everyone what you budget is. Find a used detector for sale and how much they're asking then ask forum members if is a good choice

Last edited:
Take a hard look at the Minelab Vanquish 340 or 440. They are multi-frequeintcy and they go deep with great tones and readings at all depths.

What’s your price range? Welcome back

I am looking to go cheap at this point. I am not wanting to go over $150.00 to start with (hence a used entry level machine). If I can keep at it, I will get a better machine down the road.

I am looking to go cheap at this point. I am not wanting to go over $150.00 to start with (hence a used entry level machine). If I can keep at it, I will get a better machine down the road.

I would get a used vanquish at that price range. Good luck!

Great to see you back, I thought you may of passed away for awhile. Any plans on reviving your headstamp site again? Used to look at that researching all the time. Think I still have a lot of it printed out somewhere in a folder from a few years back.

Great to see you back, I thought you may of passed away for awhile. Any plans on reviving your headstamp site again? Used to look at that researching all the time. Think I still have a lot of it printed out somewhere in a folder from a few years back.

Heart issues came close to taking me. I have plans on bringing it back. I still have everything and it's ready to go.

Greetings, It's been a long time since I've been on here. But I've moved and now I'm looking to get another detector. I have a bounty Hunter which I've found a lot of stuff. Then I bought from a club member a CZ-7 quicksilver Fisher. But now I want something a little more up to date. I was thinking about the Minelab Vanquish 540. What are your thoughts?

I had a 540. The pro pack is a good deal because you get a large and small coil. But if one skips the pro pack they might be better off with the 440 which comes with a 10" coil

Hobby Lobby sells the Bounty Hunter for $79.99. You might shop around for a Discovery 3300 from Bounty Hunter. Has lots more features. I got mine for $105 from Costco. Has manual/automatic ground balance, pinpointing, discrimination, etc.

Back
Top Bottom