2 100 year old coins stuck together

Fivepin

Elite Member
Last outing before the great freeze...
It is raining out and I'm jumping for joy. Tomorrow we could be froze out. Lets get our gear and the new Simplex and head to the silver field. Come join me in the mud for a four hour hunt. I promise we'll find some good stuff and you'll learn a little about the simplex. Thanks for watching.

https://youtu.be/yWs3lyEzJrM

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 429
I have no problem with it....I like videos. A pic is only a pic, but a video gives you much more.
Fair enough but when you are trying to keep up with several posts a day there just isn't time for long videos. Everyone likes what they like but adding a couple photos to the post keeps everyone happy.

Cliff

Hey this is just my view on it so here goes. I don't click on videos either. Why not post photos tell your story and post the link to the video.

I don't really agree with using the stories and pictures of finds section for video links only. It's click bait. It's like your saying unless you watch the video your not going to see my finds or hear the story. It's like your wanting youtube hits more than contributing to the forum. This goes for anyone doing this not just you.

Hey this is just my view on it so here goes. I don't click on videos either. Why not post photos tell your story and post the link to the video.

I don't really agree with using the stories and pictures of finds section for video links only. It's click bait. It's like your saying unless you watch the video your not going to see my finds or hear the story. It's like your wanting youtube hits more than contributing to the forum. This goes for anyone doing this not just you.

My opinion is pretty similar, but there's some stuff I wanted to add. Posting a story, and pics, and then the video link, might actually work better at getting people to watch, than just a link. Like if I read that you had a crazy day and you found x, y and z, which are really cool finds or whatever, you bet I'd want to see you do it in a video. You have to actually show us that this video is worth our time. There's a reason people describe time as something you spend, it's basically the most valuable currency of all. A 15 minute vid with no context is like asking us to buy a house sight unseen. Pictures only take seconds to look at and help build our interest in the story and/or video.

Just posting a link to somewhere else, isn't a post, it's an ad, and it says that either you think your finds aren't worth telling us about (in which case why did you even post the video?) or you don't actually value interacting on here and just want youtube views, in which case making any demand on our time is just rude.

These might seem like unreasonable conclusions to make, but this section is literally called "Stories and Pictures of Finds" - the expectation is pretty strong that threads in here will have a story, or at least a list of things found, and then pictures.

But hey, I'm not in charge around here and the above is just the opinion of a random Redwaller on the internet. I didn't mean any of this rudely and I hope you don't take offense to it - I'm just trying to explain why I think it is that people are so opposed to watching videos.

I also prefer just pictures. My reason is that with a picture, I can use standard software to grab the picture, magnify it or rotate it as necessary for my own understanding. This is especially true for coins.

If I'm not your intended audience, fine.

-- Tom

P.S. YouTube is often called AdTube for a very valid reason.

Last edited:
I don't really care if you like pics more than videos. I go out. I do my thing and present my adventures. If spending 6 hours hunting and creating a story via video is not your thing. then great. Nobody is twisting your index finger to click. However stating that by posting a video to the forum suggesting one is not contributing is BS and I will call it as I see it. Click bait??? I do not think that word means what you think it means. I also love the fact that those of you who did respond to the post only wanted to post their wants and needs and criteria for a good post. Stating that I care more about youtube clicks than contributing to the forum. WHAT?? If I didn't care about sharing I wouldn't.
Because trust me It takes a lot more work to go out and create a video than to take a couple snaps and call it a contributing post. I guess my point is you are lucky to get the posts you do. It is up to the good nature of the posters and people sharing that you get anything to look at. As for me. Don't worry. I'm done posting my clickbait to this forum and will not be back. And I have been coming here for years. So thank you to those negative few who feel it necessary to make folks feel unwelcome.

Those 20+ years as a professional photographer musta ate his lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't mind videos, but when it's obvious the creator has only one goal, to promote their Youtube channel, count me out.

I don't really care if you like pics more than videos. I go out. I do my thing and present my adventures. If spending 6 hours hunting and creating a story via video is not your thing. then great. Nobody is twisting your index finger to click. However stating that by posting a video to the forum suggesting one is not contributing is BS and I will call it as I see it. Click bait??? I do not think that word means what you think it means. I also love the fact that those of you who did respond to the post only wanted to post their wants and needs and criteria for a good post. Stating that I care more about youtube clicks than contributing to the forum. WHAT?? If I didn't care about sharing I wouldn't.
Because trust me It takes a lot more work to go out and create a video than to take a couple snaps and call it a contributing post. I guess my point is you are lucky to get the posts you do. It is up to the good nature of the posters and people sharing that you get anything to look at. As for me. Don't worry. I'm done posting my clickbait to this forum and will not be back. And I have been coming here for years. So thank you to those negative few who feel it necessary to make folks feel unwelcome.

Aw, don't take it personal fivepin. You got a request for pics, some negativity towards posted video in general, along with some constructive criticism. Then there was a positive comment about videos, and me, just poking at ya for fun. Sorry about stirring the pot there. (but this is the Stories and Pictures of Finds section) Your video work is appreciated by some, I'm sure. I check out videos like this occasionally, but haven't seen this one yet, so no comment about that.
Just saying this shouldn't make you leave the site for good. Keep calm and swing on!

I'm sorry you feel that way. I was only trying to explain why it is that people have kind of a negative opinion of posts of just videos, obviously I didn't mean to make you feel unwelcome. I could have done a better job making it clear that I don't actually think you're only here for views or don't care about sharing your finds, just that that is the impression it gives in general, I'm truly sorry if I upset you. The fact that you've bothered to reply to us says you do care about posting here, right? As for everyone chiming in about whether or not they like videos rather than the contents of your video, well, that's a pretty common forum phenomenon. Once a debate gets started, everyone has to add their opinion in. I hope you'll change your mind about leaving, as, in my opinion at least, you're in no way unwelcome here.

I wasn't trying to ruffle feathers either, but that kind of post with just a video link throws up a red flag to me. We actually have to leave this forum to go watch it. The topic is 2 hundred year old coins stuck together. I clicked on the topic to see the pics and read the story not leave the site and go to youtube. Again the story and some photos and the video link and I would never had said a word. Other than to make a congratulatory comment.

Yep I clicked on the video. ALOT of talking, no live digs or audio that I saw…IMO not watchable if you want to learn something. This is why we want pics. ANY video with a lot of “selfie time”=not good.

Back
Top Bottom