Show me your injuns

Same as AIRFORCEMIKE. Way lower than copper memorials and wheats that have been in the ground awhile. I've had them as low as 19 with junk in the ground. So, if you're on an old site with modern activity and want to find an IHP, then you need to be willing to dig zinc pennies. Depth doesn't matter either. I've dug them with that low 20 number just a couple of inches deep.

Okay, thanks for that extra info !!!!

I know target TIDs can vary some due to different factors so I'll know to realize a 19 or 20 might at times also potentially be an IHP !

Wow, congrats to everyone who has been finding IHPs !!!! :thumbsup:

Now a question to those who have found IHPs using a Nox 800 -

What TIDs have you all gotten on your Nox 800 when finding IHPs ?

When ever I find a penny, it rings up as 19 solid. This last ihp was in a very mineralized washout and came up as solid 15. I dug the low number just because it was so dead on and good sounding. I hunt mostly by sounds with both my nox800 and atp

When ever I find a penny, it rings up as 19 solid. This last ihp was in a very mineralized washout and came up as solid 15. I dug the low number just because it was so dead on and good sounding. I hunt mostly by sounds with both my nox800 and atp

Thanks, so you are saying your IHPs "usually" ring up as 19, I wonder if that is more a factor of the ground in your area or the settings you use on the Nox since Mike said his IHPs ring up as a 21 TID.

I have been using the standard Park 1 mode with no other adjustments.

Thanks, so you are saying your IHPs "usually" ring up as 19, I wonder if that is more a factor of the ground in your area or the settings you use on the Nox since Mike said his IHPs ring up as a 21 TID.

I have been using the standard Park 1 mode with no other adjustments.

So all of mine have been found in the woods, using Field 1. My ground is very mineralized and gets frequent iron pockets. Northern Virginia, if it makes a difference.

So all of mine have been found in the woods, using Field 1. My ground is very mineralized and gets frequent iron pockets. Northern Virginia, if it makes a difference.

I'm still fine-tuning my Nox knowledge, but that sounds like a likely possibility. especially since ToySoldier had said: "I've had them as low as 19 with junk in the ground",

Neat that you found all your IHPs in the woods ! I haven't tried the woods in our area yet, I guess I had figured the woods would be pretty much "hit or miss" with trying to find good areas with finds.

Once I find my first IHP and then a few more I'll know what TID the IHPs in my areas are ringing up as and if I keep getting the same TID each time or not depending on the location.

I'm still fine-tuning my Nox knowledge, but that sounds like a likely possibility. especially since ToySoldier had said: "I've had them as low as 19 with junk in the ground",

Neat that you found all your IHPs in the woods ! I haven't tried the woods in our area yet, I guess I had figured the woods would be pretty much "hit or miss" with trying to find good areas with finds.

Once I find my first IHP and then a few more I'll know what TID the IHPs in my areas are ringing up as and if I keep getting the same TID each time or not depending on the location.

Me as well! But to be honest my coin finds in the woods have always kind of been by accident. I have been searching my area for a couple years getting all Civ bullets and knives. Then I found a Colonial Camp and scored 3 half cents and I think 7 Large Cents, even a 1/2 reale, and a few IHPs. Other coins I have are from hunter activities in the 30s/40s when you could bird hunt the area. The woods can turn up good coins, but I was by no means thinking I was going to find them while looking for Civ bullets.

Me as well! But to be honest my coin finds in the woods have always kind of been by accident. I have been searching my area for a couple years getting all Civ bullets and knives. Then I found a Colonial Camp and scored 3 half cents and I think 7 Large Cents, even a 1/2 reale, and a few IHPs. Other coins I have are from hunter activities in the 30s/40s when you could bird hunt the area. The woods can turn up good coins, but I was by no means thinking I was going to find them while looking for Civ bullets.

Wow, that is neat !!!! :thumbsup:

I might try detecting some woods soon, but might first wait till more leaves fall and easier to look around.

Part of the reason for that is that most IHCs will ring up around 19; however "Fatty" Indians, like your 1859 will ring lower because they are Cupronickel and not Bronze like the later (1865-1909) ones. Flying Eagles will do the same thing.

Part of the reason for that is that most IHCs will ring up around 19; however "Fatty" Indians, like your 1859 will ring lower because they are Cupronickel and not Bronze like the later (1865-1909) ones. Flying Eagles will do the same thing.

Awesome info to know. I did happen to notice when I pulled that 1859 out that it looked super thick.

Added picture for reference. 1873 left, 1859 right

Awesome info to know. I did happen to notice when I pulled that 1859 out that it looked super thick.

Added picture for reference. 1873 left, 1859 right

Neat, getting more educated about IHPs, hopefully it should help me find some soon !

Mean green 1864 No L

Nice even patina on this 64...

Attachments

• 5B4A584D-753D-46F4-BDE0-8DB5FCB360DB.jpg
    5B4A584D-753D-46F4-BDE0-8DB5FCB360DB.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 217
Barely an inch deep in an 1830's house front yard.

Attachments

• IMG_20201030_201944146_HDR small.jpg
    IMG_20201030_201944146_HDR small.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 191
:mad: 64 is still a renegade that eludes my Whitman book of Indians,
Great capture !:D

Thanks..got a 66 that’s pretty worn but presentable from the same spot
Code:
but I already had a couple of those...I’ve got 3 69s...I’m missing 76 to 79..slim chance of ever seeing the elusive 77 but ya never know. Good luck hunting injuns...

Took these for another thread, but here's a couple non-dugs we've had in the family collection as a color reference to age.

I have about 20 in the stash, ranging 1879 to 1909. Below are 1882 and 1906

Got out today for a couple hours at the Park where I used to go in the 80's. Ugly! but better than a kick in the teeth, that's what my buddy Rich said:lol:

Attachments

• 100_8247.jpg
    100_8247.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 100_8248.jpg
    100_8248.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 137
Back
Top Bottom