New from Southeast PA

Twinklekitkat

Hello - I had originally posted here for the first time inquiring on an object a friend found. That was back in March. Finally logged in again today and thought I would introduce myself. I am not a detectorist myself but my husband is. He uses a Garrett AT Pro and loves this machine. He has previously used a White's as well as a Minelab. As for me, my job is to run the finances for the local detecting club and help identify his finds which is what brought me here in the first place. I look forward to viewing other's finds in this forum as well as getting help in identifying my husband's unknowns. :D

Welcome to the forum from East TN. I'd like to hear about your detecting club.

Ken

OK I will expound on the detecting club. Wasn't sure if that was allowed or not. It is called Lancaster Research and Recovery Club and is based in Lancaster, PA. We meet once a month and during the months of April through November we have a monthly contest called the Finds Of The Month. You bring in all your finds (usually in a nice multi compartment box of some sort) and then fill out a contest sheet. You list how many of each kind of 'find' you have found. Categories run the gamut from all types of coins to jewelry, tubes, bottle caps, car parts all the way down to pull tabs. The more categories of finds you have collected over the past month the better chance you have in winning. Nominal cash prizes are given each month if you have the most of any item in the categories chosen that month (4 of 100) and points given that are tallied throughout the year. The top ten in points receive cash prizes at our yearly Christmas party. We also host an open hunt once a year and a club hunt once a year. The contest is a great incentive to go out and hunt and a great way to show off your finds to other enthusiasts. I am always amazed at the things people are finding! We also try to get guest speakers but haven't has one of those in a while.

LRRC.ORG is the site. I probably need to spend a few minutes and update it so don't be surprised if it's a tad outdated right now. We were unable to hold meetings for a while due to COVID so I've been a little lax in updating it.

Thanks for the welcomes BTW. :thankyou:

If anyone else on here is also in a club would love to pick your brain sometime.

OK I will expound on the detecting club. Wasn't sure if that was allowed or not. It is called Lancaster Research and Recovery Club and is based in Lancaster, PA. We meet once a month and during the months of April through November we have a monthly contest called the Finds Of The Month. You bring in all your finds (usually in a nice multi compartment box of some sort) and then fill out a contest sheet. You list how many of each kind of 'find' you have found. Categories run the gamut from all types of coins to jewelry, tubes, bottle caps, car parts all the way down to pull tabs. The more categories of finds you have collected over the past month the better chance you have in winning. Nominal cash prizes are given each month if you have the most of any item in the categories chosen that month (4 of 100) and points given that are tallied throughout the year. The top ten in points receive cash prizes at our yearly Christmas party. We also host an open hunt once a year and a club hunt once a year. The contest is a great incentive to go out and hunt and a great way to show off your finds to other enthusiasts. I am always amazed at the things people are finding! We also try to get guest speakers but haven't has one of those in a while.

LRRC.ORG is the site. I probably need to spend a few minutes and update it so don't be surprised if it's a tad outdated right now. We were unable to hold meetings for a while due to COVID so I've been a little lax in updating it.

Your club is listed here on this thread...

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=14013

Welcome from Boston, Twinklekitkat...

My wife and I and dog spent an enjoyable week in Lancaster, PA last May. Took Henri (the dog) to the beautiful dog park at Buchanan park several times.

Buchanan park itself looked to have a lot of great potential for detecting, but I didn't have my machine with me and didn't know if it was OK.

Nice city. Never so so many mules and horses as they had at the Amish farms.

Back
Top Bottom