British Two Pound Coin

diggin4clad

Elite Member
Sunday's hunt was at a sports field situated on ground that was originally a park that opened in 1934. We've hunted this site 5-6 times in the past and it gave up some silver coins and a few pieces of sterling. No silver this time but we did get 45 clad coins worth $7.31 and Sue dug an aluminum dog tag and a 1997 British Bi-Metallic two pound coin.

Attachments

• IMG_0846.JPG
    IMG_0846.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 543
  • IMG_0847.JPG
    IMG_0847.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_0848.JPG
    IMG_0848.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 569
Foreign coins are fun and interesting to find, usually always a surprise too. Like the dog tag as well. That is a very nice clad take too!

You managed to get a 2 pound British Coin, and 2 pounds of clad. I always enjoy finding foreign coins what a great day you had.

Makes you wonder. What the heck is the British 2 pound doing out amongst the clad. But then, I once found a Napoleon LC in the woods near a 37 merc. You never know. Fun. Great hunt.

Nice find my friend. Being as I live so close to Canada I find quite a few of their coins. That one there has eluded me though. Well done.

Makes you wonder. What the heck is the British 2 pound doing out amongst the clad. But then, I once found a Napoleon LC in the woods near a 37 merc. You never know. Fun. Great hunt.
We find a lot of foreign coins and wonder how they got to where we dug them.

Nice find my friend. Being as I live so close to Canada I find quite a few of their coins. That one there has eluded me though. Well done.
Thanks Hoser.....British coins are not that uncommon here in Connecticut but this was the first "Two Pounder" we've ever found. Some years ago I dug a "One Pound" coin. Most British finds here are the common two pence coins.

Back
Top Bottom