My Second Only Seated And V-Nickel

Martin_V3i

Elite Member
MikeInMckinney and I hunted today. Mike found a 1903 Indian first. I called him over a while later to test one of my signals, sweet tone on the SE Pro. Out popped a coin clod, cleaned a little and saw my second only Seated. I lost the first before I even got home. Didn't lose this one ;)

Then I found my second only V-Nickel. Good reward for hunting in heat, sweating like a dog.

Attachments

• Seated Dirty.jpg
    Seated Dirty.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 318
  • Seated And V Nickel.jpg
    Seated And V Nickel.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 302
Nice hunt! Congrats on getting that Seated home this time, lol!

Awesome finds! I was out hunting last night too and it was muggy sweltering heat. I'd say you earned them for sure!

Thanks all! Mike gets a lot of credit, he offered to finish the dig with his Lesche and I was feeling weak from the heat. Lots of roots there to get through. It was a combined effort.

The nickel was easier and shallow, 3 inches on edge. So shallow that I was sure that it was just a plain nickel. There had been other V, buffalo and war nickels found there though. I did the same thing on my other V-nickel. My hunt buddy that day was cleaning his coins at COB and I tossed him that nickel to quickly clean. I got the evil-eye stare like I was screwing with the guy.

Makes for good memories.

Back
Top Bottom