• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

UPS delivery

bibelot

Forum Supporter
Does anyone else don't care for UPS delivery ? My Deus was suppose to be delivered today. I got a confirmation for estimate time 11:30-3:30 so I took the day off from work since I have to sign for the package. It is 5:20 and still no sign of the brown truck ?The thing is, it left for delivery from Arkport, NY at 8:43 AM ,which is 20 minutes from my house. How long can the route take ?I hope I don't have to lose another days pay because they didn't deliver it today....yep, I'm not liking UPS at all today......

I have Ups deliver to my business or go and sign for it. Don't take the day off, heck you have to find a lot of clad for that missed day. FedEx is the same thing.

I'm just a bit whiney about it. I'll get over it if it gets delivered today, it's 6: 19 and not looking too good for delivery today.:lol:

I have an idea that the drivers go the farther distance deliveries first and back-track to the hub. I could be wrong

I live near a UPS airport hub. If I have something that requires a signature I always reschedule the package to stay at the airport and I pick it up on my way home from work. ID is required every time at pickup. Never have to worry about someone swiping it. I never have packages delivered to work. Too many morons there.

I know a few people who work at UPS from the ramp workers to the sorting crew to a couple drivers. I have no idea how they sort their route but some delivery drivers I know start out the furthest away from the hub and work their way back. They're not lazy though. Those guys haul ass between deliveries and I always see them run a package to the door.

When they quoted me a time frame from 11:30-3:30,I really wasn't expecting it to take another additional 3 hours before it was actually delivered. Now I know not to expect anything except for delivery by the end of day...:lol:

Glad you got it that day !!!!

When I order something I'll watch the delivery progress online thru the tracking number, it will show the expected arrival date and say "out for delivery" the morning when it actually leaves your local delivery location whether it's UPS, the Post Office, ect.

.....but I can understand the anticipation when you're waiting for a major goodie to arrive, it's times like that you wish you could see an online map with a moving dot showing the progress of the delivery truck to your home :lol:

I live in an apartment and i took the day off because FedEx was supposed to deliver my Delta that I had sent in for repair. UPS and others have always brought them to my door. After waiting most of the day, I went to check my mail. There was a sticker on my mailbox that said the delivery had been attempted but no one was home. They never even checked. I had to take the next day off again to catch them in the parking lot to get my package.

Just be glad it wasn't fedex. I swear those clowns wait outside for you to go to the bathroom. The second you do, BAM...doortag.

I live in an apartment and i took the day off because FedEx was supposed to deliver my Delta that I had sent in for repair. UPS and others have always brought them to my door. After waiting most of the day, I went to check my mail. There was a sticker on my mailbox that said the delivery had been attempted but no one was home. They never even checked. I had to take the next day off again to catch them in the parking lot to get my package.

Just be glad it wasn't fedex. I swear those clowns wait outside for you to go to the bathroom. The second you do, BAM...doortag.

I've had times when I was at home and wanted to be sure they didn't leave an "attempted delivery" sticker if I happened to be in the bathroom or the far end of the house so I would tape a sheet of paper on the front door and in large easily readable letters with a black magic maker have written something like:

"ATTN: DELIVERY PERSON - I AM at home, please knock hard and/or ring doorbell, it is okay to leave package, thanks !"

of course my front door is a good ways from the road which is not a "thru road" for traffic and the few neighbors I have are trustworthy so even if the delivery person just leaves the package and goes and I don't get to the door for a while I don't have to be concerned.

KT has a suggestion...when you feel this way...slowly count to 10, taking deep slow breaths, close you eyes and think about your favorite things....
If you do not like those ideas, then get your pistol, jump in your vehicle and go "hunting" your poor UPS person! :laughing::laughing: that's a joke folks!

KT has frequent visits at the Castle by the brown truck. The fellow is always in a rush...just because he has a heavy load and everyone who is expecting a delivery that day (they all think there item is the most important thing he has to deliver that day!) is waiting, some more patiently and some less.

Those guys and gals work hard for their money. And a computerized route is set up for them at the base office...they do not just get in the truck and figure it out!

Back
Top Bottom