Knee Deep beating the heat!

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
I'm off all weekend, but ground is too hard and heat and humidity too high to dig.

Sought some refuge in Great Smokey Mountains National Park with Gonebeeping. Standing in cold mountain streams fly fishing for wild trout was a great way to beat the heat!

Last edited:
Looks like a great time. I try to get the family down to the Smokies at least every couple of years. Has Gatlinburg mostly recovered from the fire they had there?

Looks like you had a great day out of the rat race. My sister & I went through that part of the country year before last, beautiful scenery!

Looks like a great time. I try to get the family down to the Smokies at least every couple of years. Has Gatlinburg mostly recovered from the fire they had there?

The people and the city are recovering pretty well. The immediate forest area will take a while. Still jam packed with tourists. I live very close to the Townsend entrance to the park. Much less development on this end of the park.

Hey Jerry! Thanks for taking the time to get us some Awesome pics! I feel 20 degrees cooler already! My Blood Pressure dropped even! Outstanding!

Doesn't look like it gets much better than that, nice pics and memories.

Nice pics Jerry! Thanks man I really enjoyed and needed that yesterday.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

It doesn't get any better than that best of both worlds. You are sure a lucky man

Looks like you had a great day out of the rat race. My sister & I went through that part of the country year before last, beautiful scenery!

Hey Jerry! Thanks for taking the time to get us some Awesome pics! I feel 20 degrees cooler already! My Blood Pressure dropped even! Outstanding!

Thanks all. MDing is so dang addictive it is detrimental to my other hobbies...got to get back into the park more often!

Ah... My other passion. Looks like a great time. What are the stream temps like up there? I have the advantage of living 20 minutes from a tailwater but our mountain streams get pretty toasty mid summer.

BCD

Ah... My other passion. Looks like a great time. What are the stream temps like up there? I have the advantage of living 20 minutes from a tailwater but our mountain streams get pretty toasty mid summer.

BCD

Streams in the 50s. Not many fish and not big, but very rewarding to hook up. We were using 3 wt rods yesterday. We have some amazing tailwater trout within an hour drive as well.

Love it! Hope to get a little mountain stream fishing when I get back to Vermont this summer!

Back
Top Bottom