Infrarenal aortic aneurysm

Metal Maniac

Forum Supporter
Nothing to joke about . My dad's doctor said it can be detected by ultrasound . Occurs in males 50 and up and is hereditary. Unfortunately, it wasn't detected in my Father , and it ruptured . He died hours later , on May 25 . We were at peace with each other . I also got to metal detect with him .

Thanks for the PSA about that...

Sorry to hear about your Dad, may he rest in peace with God....

<°)))>{

Sorry to hear about your Dad....I have never heard of that deal there, but now am wondering...Is this like what is a massive and immediate kind of deal? What they used to call "the Widowmaker?" You know, basically its such a rupture you are dead when you hit the ground?:?:

I had two Uncles that this kind of thing happened to...Both just slightly over 50yrs...One was driving home from Church and died in mid sentence..My Aunt had to grab the wheel and said he was dead by the time she got the car stopped, the other was picking up a baby calf and hit the ground like he was spring loaded...Left behind a widow and 12 kids...

They both were healthy, active and happy with no apparent before hand pain or warning...Non Drinkers and Non Smokers even... then, Boom! Out of the clear blue sky...

Is this something that can be repaired if discovered before hand?:?:

Sorry about your loss. I am getting to the age where I figure some day that they will find me in a field next to my detector. On second thought where I usually hunt my detector will probably be missing.

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. These particularly bother me as I've survived two aneurysms myself, one a ruptured cerebral aneurysm, the other an abdominal aortic aneurysm. The AAA was discovered incidental to another illness and was repaired before it ruptured. The cerebral aneurysm ruptured when I was 41 and I never had a clue there was anything wrong. It is not at all uncommon to be completely unaware of them. As a doctor once told me, the first symptom of an aneurysm is often sudden death.

With new technology now available many aneurysms, mostly those outside of the brain, are now detected before they have a chance to burst. There are risk factors associated with aneurysms. As someone mentioned, it is thought that there is a heredity component to aneurysms and in my case the doctors recommended that 1st degree relatives should be checked. Recently, it was discovered that my near 80 year old Mother has an aortic aneurysm.

Other risk factors are thought to be high blood pressure, certain diseases and, statically, smokers seems to constitute a higher percentage of aneurysms victims.

Again, I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Back
Top Bottom