Etrac TTF Still King of the Iron!

pigEye

I have this older site that I have hunted for years. The place never gives up much at a time, but you can almost always walk away with something if you're determined.

This site is littered with iron everywhere! I mean, it is rare to have a quiet swing, and damn near impossible to find a place to GB regular detectors.

I recently returned to the Etrac, and decided to use her for the first time at this iron pit from hell. I was using Bill's Trashy park program, but with the bottom completely opened up from around line 17 down... the spot where the TTF breaks.

I found several coins, both modern and moderately older. Then I came across these two wheats at about 6" (along with several rusty nails) in the same hole. 1926 and 1942. My first Wheat coin spill!

Not a bad first time out would you say?

Not bad at all.

Next time your out using 2TF with Etrac,,,try this.
After you locate a target using 2TF,, switch over to conductive mode mode and see if you can in fact hear the target.

This experiment may tell you some thing.

Then try finding some targets using conductive mode and then see if you can hear them in 2TF (giving higher tone).
This experiement may tell you something.

IMO using 2TF has it merits,,and has its disadvantages.
More disadvantage here vs merit I'm afraid.

Thanks for sharing.
Nice finds.

Last edited:
Yes, TTF does have its limits. The #1 imo is loss of depth and the potential for multi target pull down. It still has its merits though in a nothing to lose situation.

Next time I'm using TTF, I'll switch modes and compare tones to see if I would have still found the target.

Back
Top Bottom