Silver Train left the Station....

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
and KT was aboard this week!

Picked up the 5 boxes this afternoon around 1 pm. Got back to the Castle and began the Royal Hunt while listening to some college basketball games...do not ask KT the scores or who was playing because His Majesty uses the background noise to pass the time while ripping and hunting the rolls! :laughing::laughing:

After a 2 NIFC first box, KT began to score some silver with Box 2 as it contained 3 40%ers, 3 NIFCs, 1 normal Proof, and 1 2005S 40% silver proof. The edge of this coin is beautiful, full silver color, no tint of copper! Box 3 was again next to nothing with only 1 NIFC, then came boxes 4 and 5, both pretty good ones! Box 4 had 1 64 Ken, 4 40%ers and 2 NIFCs, whereas Box 5 had 1 64 Ken, 5 40%ers, 4 NIFCs and 1 87 Ken!

So the totals were 2 64 Kens, 12 normal date 40%ers, 12 NIFCs, 1 87 Ken, 1 normal proof and 1 40% Ag 2005S proof! Check out the last image and lower right is the silver proof. Note how bluish it looks when compared to normal coinage! They say silver has a blue-white color and this coin really shows it well!

Enjoy! And best of luck to all KT's fellow CRHers this week!

Attachments

• CRH 03 16 2017 2 64 Kens.jpg
    CRH 03 16 2017 2 64 Kens.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 228
  • CRH 03 16 2017 12 40% Kens.jpg
    CRH 03 16 2017 12 40% Kens.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 231
  • CRH 03 16 2017 12 NIFCs.jpg
    CRH 03 16 2017 12 NIFCs.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 232
  • CRH 03 16 2017 1 87 Ken 1 Proof 1 Ag Proof.jpg
    CRH 03 16 2017 1 87 Ken 1 Proof 1 Ag Proof.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 239
Congrats KT, I hadnt seen it yet, as I would never miss a chance to comment!! Glad to see the royal silver is making a comeback!!!

Royal Thanks and appreciation to you both, Ricki7 & Ohiodigger! It is nice to be back with some silver to show, rather than mulling over minor coin recoveries! Ha ha

Me thinks the masses just expect KT to make some silver finds every week, and surprisingly it just is not that way! If His Majesty was hunting 1 box a week, instead of 5, it would be pretty obvious that most boxes are blankers. :laughing:

But one or two good boxes in a 5 box hunt sure help the weekly average!

Best of luck in your endeavors this coming week!

Congrats!

Nice haul. The modern silvers have been pretty elusive to me so great to see others finding them! Proves they are out there!

Congrats KT. I keep saying I'm going to start doing this but always have something else I need to do. Keep posting though and maybe I'll be inspired enough next time.

King tots my lord... forgive me for correcting you but... that 2005s is not 40% silver... its 90% SILVER ! :yes: The silver proof sets from 1992-present day are 90% silver (starting with their first release in 1992 in order to garner the attention of the coin collecting commmunity.) They choose 90% instead of 40% in order to fully appreciate these coins.

Ok, maybe if I understood what you are doing I could appreciate it all. What's a proof doing with the others? NFIC ? What do you do with these coins ? Save? Sell? Collect? Should I be doing this ?

King tots my lord... forgive me for correcting you but... that 2005s is not 40% silver... its 90% SILVER ! :yes: The silver proof sets from 1992-present day are 90% silver (starting with their first release in 1992 in order to garner the attention of the coin collecting commmunity.) They choose 90% instead of 40% in order to fully appreciate these coins.

Thanks for that correction, UncleTroy!:D

Ok, maybe if I understood what you are doing I could appreciate it all. What's a proof doing with the others? NFIC ? What do you do with these coins ? Save? Sell? Collect? Should I be doing this ?

Ok, Wom 27, it appears you are not a regular to KT's Royal Threads so first KT says Welcome to you! KT shall answer your various questions!

Why the proof in circulation? Folks who purchase proof sets save them, for themselves or to give to relatives. When they pass, unknowledgable relatives inherit all these coins, along with the sets. A certain percentage of them have no sentimental attachment to them so they go to the bank, and the bank folks say, we do not take lose coins, just dump them in the coin counter machine and we will give you cash...cause the bank employees cannot take time to count coins and they will not usually take rolled coins by individuals...that is KT's interpretation of what is happening.

NIFCs are coins not intended for circulation, but instead are made to sell to collectors or coin dealers. Why they get into circulation? Let's say a Coin Dealer buys a $1000 bag of NIFC coins..say 2015... So he/she goes through them Nd picks out a few excellent ones for their customers, maybe even makes up a few rolls for their roll collectors, and they then have $900 in those halves left...what to do with them? When the time comes in 2016 to buy a new bag, they run down to their bank and dump the 2015 halves in the coin machine...that way they get their $900 back and they then add $100 to it and buy the next bag! Thus those coins...NIFCs get into circulation. Also, some collectors buy rolls of those uncirculated coins and when the relatives get their hands on them, they either just spend them or dump them at the bank, too.

KT hordes the NIFCs for two reasons..first, they are low mintage for US coinage, and have the potential to gain in numismatic value, and it makes a tidy savings account for Prince John when KT no longer roams the halls of the Castle.

KT hordes silver for the same reason...He obtains it at face value and hordes it. Prince John has now been well educated that when He becomes King of this Castle, He shall retain the silver coinage until it reaches historic highs and to go sell it to some dealer that is offering at least 20 times face value or to ship it to a reliable refiner who will give 90 to 95 % of face value. He knows to track the value of PMs to learn its trending value.

Whether you should be doing this depends on many factors...your financial condition, your family commitments, what you consider as fun vs. work...since KT is retired, He enjoys His Royal Time with halves every week. KT will tell you you will not get rich doing this, but you will make some interesting finds, given enough time searching of enough coins!

Hope this info has been of interest to you!

Thanks a lot. I know that took time. One last question, what dose the N stand for in NIFC ? I assume the rest is "in fine condition" ?

Back
Top Bottom