?? about viewing thread pictures

alkazoo

Hi forum, im curious as to what im doing wrong ( or what my internet browser is doing wrong lol)...On 90 percent of the threads on this forum, pictures open just fine for viewing. But on the other 10 percent or so, all I get is a blank box where the picture should be.. Doesn't matter whether im signed in or not. Something simple im sure...any ideas? thankyou

That happens to me too sometimes...seems if I go out and log back in they show up...:?: I figure it has something to do with solar flare activity...:laughing:
Mud

I have trouble sometime s thought it was the on the posters end . Another waste of time is when a vid is posted and they send you to u- tube and your expected to watch a commercial. Only occasionally will I watch a vid longer than 2 min . I understand that those who post pics and vids are the life blood of the forum. I'm very low tech , someday maybe I'll get into it . Thanks to all that do .
HH

thanks everybody,,,I thought it may be on the posters end too, not sure. maybe the picture format they tried to use and post with? oh well, I see im not the only one!! :roll:
Oh, I use IE,,ill try Firefox when I get home tonight and see if they open ok with that.

Hi forum, im curious as to what im doing wrong ( or what my internet browser is doing wrong lol)...On 90 percent of the threads on this forum, pictures open just fine for viewing. But on the other 10 percent or so, all I get is a blank box where the picture should be.. Doesn't matter whether im signed in or not. Something simple im sure...any ideas? thankyou

Next time this happens to you post a link to the thread here, and we'll take a look at the pics posted to see what the difference between them are.

Pictures posted at the end of a thread should be fine.
Pictures inserted in the middle of threads is done by a different process and on some browsers I have used my settings did not let them show up.
Don't know why but changing browsers they appeared again.

I can't see any of the photos in this thread, but apparently other folks see them just fine. My browser is Fire Fox, running on Linux Mint Cinnamon.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=240806

Thanks

Make sure that you do not block (third-party) images, the permissions.default.image pref on the about:config page should be 1.

The images in question are linked from photobucket, make sure you're not blocking that website.

Back
Top Bottom